LARGE ATTACHMENT WON'T SEND

Old January 7th 09, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
its_my_dime

Default LARGE ATTACHMENT WON'T SEND

I 'm trying to send a 7mb attachment to an email to a single address.
Outlook 2007. Vista.

The email won't leave the outbox. Computer says it is in the process of
sending but it won't go (even to my own secondary email address.)
Eventually, I need to close outlook, reopen it and delete the email.

Roadrunner (my IP) says that the attachment limit is 10 mb.

Any thoughts?

Old January 7th 09, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
its_my_dime

"its_my_dime" wrote in message
I 'm trying to send a 7mb attachment to an email to a single address.
Outlook 2007. Vista.

The email won't leave the outbox. Computer says it is in the process of
sending but it won't go (even to my own secondary email address.)
Eventually, I need to close outlook, reopen it and delete the email.

Roadrunner (my IP) says that the attachment limit is 10 mb.

Further to the above - when I try to send, under details (bottom right) the
error ultimately says that it cannot connect to the Network and the send
fails. I know I'm connected to RoadRunner. What network is it talking
about?

Any thoughts?

Old January 7th 09, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

"its_my_dime" wrote in message

"its_my_dime" wrote in message
I 'm trying to send a 7mb attachment to an email to a single address.
Outlook 2007. Vista.

If you send a smaller attachment (eg: 5MB), does it go?

The email won't leave the outbox. Computer says it is in the process of
sending but it won't go (even to my own secondary email address.)
Eventually, I need to close outlook, reopen it and delete the email.

Before giving up and closing Outlook, how long did you wait?

Further to the above - when I try to send, under details (bottom right)
the error ultimately says that it cannot connect to the Network and the
send fails. I know I'm connected to RoadRunner. What network is it
talking about?

How long does it take before the error shows up? Also, an error message
normally shows an error number. I would either google the error message or
the error number.

Old January 7th 09, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Can you send any mail? To delete this one, set outlook offline (file menu)
and delete it or open it. Then send a small message - does it work?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old January 8th 09, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
its_my_dime

"its_my_dime" wrote in message

"its_my_dime" wrote in message
I 'm trying to send a 7mb attachment to an email to a single address.
Outlook 2007. Vista.

The email won't leave the outbox. Computer says it is in the process of
sending but it won't go (even to my own secondary email address.)
Eventually, I need to close outlook, reopen it and delete the email.

Roadrunner (my IP) says that the attachment limit is 10 mb.

Further to the above - when I try to send, under details (bottom right)
the error ultimately says that it cannot connect to the Network and the
send fails. I know I'm connected to RoadRunner. What network is it
talking about?

Any thoughts?

It can take a few minutes or longer. First, it said that I had timed out
so I increased the SMTP time. Then I got the non connect error.
Sometimes, there is no error, it just says "processing"

I have even cut the size down to 200 mb and still can't send through
RoadRunner.

Ultimately, Outlook completely crashes and I need to reboot the computer.

I don't know whether the problem is Outlook or RoadRunner. I'll probably
end up with a file hosting site.

I have no problem sending regular mail or mail with small attachments.

Old January 8th 09, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you using an antivirus scanner on email? They will cause issues sending
larger messages and email integration should be disabled.

Old January 8th 09, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
its_my_dime

"its_my_dime" wrote in message

"its_my_dime" wrote in message
[...]

Using Avast. Disabling it stops Outlook from locking up (good). But
emailis still not being sent. The window says that sending is completed but
the bottom/right says -processing- and the message stays in the outbox.

Old January 8th 09, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"its_my_dime" wrote in message

Using Avast. Disabling it stops Outlook from locking up (good).

Uninstall Avast and reinstall without the mail scanning feature.

But emailis still not being sent. The window says that sending is
completed but the bottom/right says -processing- and the message stays in
the outbox.

Start Outlook in safe mode and see if that changes things. Click StartRun
and enter

outlook.exe /safe

in the Open field, then click OK. Be sure to include the space.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 8th 09, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
its_my_dime

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote in message
"its_my_dime" wrote in message

Using Avast. Disabling it stops Outlook from locking up (good).

Uninstall Avast and reinstall without the mail scanning feature.

But emailis still not being sent. The window says that sending is
completed but the bottom/right says -processing- and the message stays in
the outbox.

Start Outlook in safe mode and see if that changes things. Click
StartRun and enter

outlook.exe /safe

in the Open field, then click OK. Be sure to include the space.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I'll try safe mode, but Outlook is now a mess. I'm getting the file didn't
close properly message each time I open it. Scan.pst shows no problems.
I've run Office repair which hasn't helped.

It appears that Outlook may not be closing properly (task manager).

I've removed most of the com add-ins (pdfmoutlook was a former problem but
that is permanentaly disabled. I've temporarily diabled Avast (AV) but that
hasn't helped.

More later if I figure out the problem.

Something is really in trouble here. I hate to uninstall and reinstall
Office but will do it if I have to.

Old January 8th 09, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

reinstall rarely fixes anything detect and repair can't (it's office
diagnostics in outlook 2007)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: