Send large attachment

Old January 9th 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Freddy[_2_]

Default Send large attachment

I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS with Outlook 2007 from Office Pro
2007.

Until a few days ago, I had no problems with Outlook sending or receiving
large pdf attachments. I do not remember installing any new add ons,
deleting any add ons or doing anything with Outlook.

Now, Outlook will not send a large (more than 1 Mb) pdf file. the email
sits in outbox until outlook says that there is a server error on my email
account. Sometimes this may take 15 minutes to generate the error message.
I am unable to delete the email from the outbox without the right click,
move to delete. this only works sometimes.

If I go to the hotmail web site, I am able to upload and send in a matter of
a few seconds on pdf files as large as 15 Mb.

It is not my Norton 360 software causing the problem as I have tried to send
without my email scanner connected. Outlook used to work with Norton 360 in
place.

I have log files available if that would help anyone help me.

Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Freddy

Old January 9th 08, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Freddy wrote:

It is not my Norton 360 software causing the problem as I have tried
to send without my email scanner connected. Outlook used to work
with Norton 360 in place.

Not a valid conclusion, of course, since Symantec could have issued an
update that the Norton product installed silently and that changed its
behavior. It's happened often enough in the past. I don't trust Symantec
products.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 9th 08, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Freddy[_2_]

I turned the norton antivirus, email scanner, everything but the firewall
off to try and send a file. It is still a no go. any suggestions?

Freddy

Old January 10th 08, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Freddy wrote:

I turned the norton antivirus, email scanner, everything but the
firewall off to try and send a file. It is still a no go. any
suggestions?

Disable the firewall as well for the test. Symantec products often must be
uninstalled and reinstalled without the mail scanning features in order to
truly disable them.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]