Send/Receive without any indication

Old September 1st 08, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Storfille[_2_]

Default Send/Receive without any indication

Is it possible to bring MSOutlook to indicate in same way when Send/receive
is in process.
I'm sitting and waiting for my five addresses being picked up.
Often I press the S/R-button and process a second time.
The current version is Microsoft Outlook Version 9.0 Build 3821
But to me is seems to be the same in Office 2003
/Storfille

Old September 1st 08, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Storfille wrote:

Is it possible to bring MSOutlook to indicate in same way when Send/receive
is in process.

Review your posts before submitting them. Bring MS Outlook WHERE? In
same way as WHAT?

If English is not your native language, include your own language
version along your stab at an English version within your post. Then
someone that knows your language or can interpret it might get a better
clue as to what you were trying to say.

OL2000 is too old for me to remember if it showed send/receive progress
in the status bar (assuming you have the status enabled so it shows).
Otherwise, use the Progress dialog to see how the mail poll is
proceeding. So it's up to you how you want to monitor progress:

- Enable the status bar so it actually shows at the bottom of Outlook.
- Disable the "Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive" option.

I'm sitting and waiting for my five addresses being picked up.
Often I press the S/R-button and process a second time.
The current version is Microsoft Outlook Version 9.0 Build 3821
But to me is seems to be the same in Office 2003

Version 12 = Outlook 2007
Version 11 = Outlook 2003
Version 10 = Outlook 2002
Version 9 = Outlook 2000

Use the "Help - About" menu in Outlook to see what version you have.
Old September 4th 08, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Storfille[_2_]

Ok I'm sorry not to be an proper english speaker!
But you got my question anyway.
Please be more patient

I has the Status Bar on but nothing comes up there. That's the problem!
/Storfille

"VanguardLH" skrev i meddelandet

Is it possible to bring MSOutlook to indicate in some way when

Old September 5th 08, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Storfille wrote:

I has the Status Bar on but nothing comes up there. That's the problem!

If the status bar option is enabled, does that mean you actually see the
status bar at the bottom of the window for Outlook 2000? Is there
actually a status bar shown at the bottom of the window? If the option
is enabled to show the status bar but the status bar is missing, try
starting Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe") which does not
load any add-ons. Some add-ons modify the status bar and perhaps they
are screwing it up.

See the following image for where the status bar, when displayed, shows
the mail poll progress (at the right end of the status bar):

http://www.earthnet.net/support/emai...ook2000_10.png

If the mail poll is extremely quick, like for only 1 account and
especially if no items were found by the LIST or UIDL commands, then it
might disappear before you see it (i.e., it's gone because there wasn't
enough time to warrant showing any info - the mail poll was over before
it could display anything). That means you have to resort to using the
Progress dialog to see what happened so very quick. It's similar to
trying to use Task Manager to see what got loaded: the default display
interval is 3 seconds so something that loads and exits in under 3
seconds might never be displayed in the processes list. Flick, it's
gone.

The info in the status bar doesn't actually show the progress beyond a
percentage complete. During the mail poll, it should show some
additional text in the status bar when there is an ongoing mail poll.
To see the details, you can either navigate through the menus or click
the down chevron in the status bar to see the details of the current
mail poll (i.e., to display the Progress dialog). If the mail poll is
quick, maybe it's too quick to show anything in the status bar. You
could try to put several dozen test messages in your mailbox, or one
really large one, like a few meg in size, and then do a mail poll to see
if the percentage complete data in the status bar displays long enough
for you to see it.

Can you display the Progress dialog? Tools - Send/Receive Settings -
Show Progress. Alternatively, you can right-click on the status bar
(rightside where the additional text shows up during a mail poll) and
select "Details" to show the Progress dialog.