Display email address instead of "friendly name"

Old January 30th 06, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Default Display email address instead of "friendly name"

Greetings.

I'm using Outlook 2003; Exchange is my mail server. Not sure of the
version.

Is there any way to have Outlook display an email address in the To and
From fields of a sent or received message instead of the "friendly"

First Name Last Name? The "friendly name" is of no use to me in that I
don't know what company the email is coming from unless I can see the
email's domain of origin.

I don't need the sender's/receiver's name to display; I need their
email address.

Thanks for your attention.
Jeff

Old January 30th 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The sender controls that, not the recipient.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings.

I'm using Outlook 2003; Exchange is my mail server. Not sure of the
version.

Is there any way to have Outlook display an email address in the To and
From fields of a sent or received message instead of the "friendly"

Old January 31st 06, 02:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

La Pedrera wrote:

Where does one control that (being the sender)?

On the first page of your account properties, for a POP or IMAP account.
You can't change it for an Exchange account via the Outlook interface.
ToolsE-mail AccountsNext. Select your account. Click Change. The
top-most, left-most field is where the "friendly name" is defined.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 31st 06, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

"La Pedrera" wrote in message
ng.com...
Where does one control that (being the sender)?

Sending mail yourself? You can't, on Exchange. It's set on the server.
If you're talking about receiving mail, you can set up rules or customize
Outlook to show you mail sent from X or to Y in a different color, or move
that mail to another server. etc.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings.

I'm using Outlook 2003; Exchange is my mail server. Not sure of the
version.

Is there any way to have Outlook display an email address in the To and
From fields of a sent or received message instead of the "friendly"