Outlook Email Merge Problems

Old June 16th 08, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dale[_4_]

Default Outlook Email Merge Problems

I have no problem sending email merges at work with our ISP. However
at home, using
my ISP, Comcast, I am having problems. I sent an email merge using
Outlook 2007 and Word 2007. The merge blended perfectly, no error
messages and shows as being sent in my sent folder. However, none of
the emails are received by the recipients. I sent 4 test emails to
myself and 3 other accounts and no one received any of the sent
emails. My deduction is that if it's merging correctly and showing in
my sent folder then the problem is with my ISP however they say they
have no problems. Anyone have any suggestions or any experience with
this. Thanks for your help. Dale
Old June 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Until you post your precise configuration and precise steps used to perform
the merge, there is no way we can tell what you are doing wrong. The
possibilities are endless.
Are you saying that even regular email messages you send fail? If so, what
makes you think this has anything to do with the merge?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 16th 08, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dale[_4_]

On Jun 16, 4:55*pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
[...]

this. Thanks for your help. Dale- Hide quoted text -

All my regular email messages sent are just fine. The only issues I
have are sending an email merge. I sent 4 test email merges and they
are in the sent folder but never arrive at the recipient. I followed
each test email merge that didn't arrive with a plain email sent
individually all all those did arrive. The email merge is fine it just
never arrives. I've sent merge on Vista Home using Outlook and Word
2003 and 2007 neither works. I've sent on XP using OUtlook and Word
2003 and 2007 and neither work. Comcast is the ISP and using NO 3rd
party SMTP. I've used the merge set-up wizard and followed all the
exact steps. The merge is great and shows up exactly as I want in the
sent folder. The only merge is the email address, no merge of names,
addresses, salutations, etc.
Old June 16th 08, 11:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

My question remains unanswered. Do not for an instant think that "I've
followed all the exact steps" tell us anything.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 17th 08, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dale[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

addresses, salutations, etc.- Hide quoted text -

1. Opened Word document that I want to merge
2. Open mail merge in word document
3. Click email messages and click next
4. Click use existing document and click next
5. Click use an existing document for recipients - used Excel name and
email list in columns
6. I browsed desktop until I found excel document. Opened it clicked
on sheet #
7. Selected all 4 recipients and clicked ok
8. I had nothing to write in email message so clicked to preview
emails which I did and all was fine as is.
9.Click complete the merge - message sent to emails, sent to all,
added subject, click ok and they sent
10. Outlook shows sent emails in email sent folder. Recipients did not
receive

This works well at my work email that uses a business email account
with coxmail. Same procedure I used at work, I used at home. It works
well at work not at home.
Old June 17th 08, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why are you using Excel as your data source? You don't "select recipients"
from an Excel sheet. You tell the merge wizard which field to use as its
data source.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 17th 08, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dale[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

well at work not at home.- Hide quoted text -

An excel spreadsheet works well when you have a list of a possible 500
recipient email addresses and you want the same email text to go to
each recipeint without a cc or bc and I merge each email address with
the original text that I want to use.
Old June 17th 08, 11:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I know you can use an Excel spreadsheet as a data source, but you posted in
an Outlook group. This is not an Outlook issue. You are trying to filter
your recipients after you select your data source, and as far as I know,
that can't be done (unless you are using Outlook). Your question is a Word
question. Use their mail merge newsgroup and their many helpful sites on
mail merges.
http://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 17th 08, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dale[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

the original text that I want to use.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your help, I will try a Word group.
Old August 14th 08, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Greg Boyd

Default Mail Merge with Word 2003 and Outlook 2007 on Vista

Hello - I have encounterd an issue with email merge and it is totally infuriating me with Microsoft to the point that I am going to try an Apple or even Open Office. I can not email merge HTML - only Text.

I purchased a laptop with Vista (big mistake) and loaded office 2003 and SP3. I also purchased Outlook 2007 in hopes that this would remedy the situation, but no chance. I can only merge text, not HTML. Also, even with that I get the very irritating messages stating that another program is trying to send an email (for each message). Aside from the HTML problem, what is the remedy for the pesky message? I have tried turing off the firewall but can not find any other solution.

I have also tried multiple variations of SW, and will not try removing outlook 2007 and re- installing outlook 2003 (as this combination works fine on my other laptop (running XP).