Outlook Email Merge Problems

Old August 14th 08, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Greg Boyd

Default HTML Email Merge

Any idea why you can not do an HTML email merge with Word 2003 on a Vista machine with Outlook 2007?

Text merge works fine with the exception of a very irritating popup informing me that another program is gtrying to send an email (a couple of hundred times!)
Old August 14th 08, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Mail Merge with Word 2003 and Outlook 2007 on Vista

Greg Boyd Greg Boyd wrote:

Hello - I have encounterd an issue with email merge and it is totally
infuriating me with Microsoft to the point that I am going to try an
Apple or even Open Office. I can not email merge HTML - only Text.

I purchased a laptop with Vista (big mistake) and loaded office 2003
and SP3. I also purchased Outlook 2007 in hopes that this would
remedy the situation, but no chance. I can only merge text, not
HTML. Also, even with that I get the very irritating messages
stating that another program is trying to send an email (for each
message). Aside from the HTML problem, what is the remedy for the
pesky message? I have tried turing off the firewall but can not find
any other solution.

I have also tried multiple variations of SW, and will not try
removing outlook 2007 and re- installing outlook 2003 (as this
combination works fine on my other laptop (running XP).

Well, the first thing you should do is to remove the Word or Outlok add-in
that you have installed that is making Outlook complain about the access.
Adobe PDF Maker is one of the add-ins that can cause this. There are
others.

The second thing you should do is describe exactly how you're attempting to
perform the merge and state state doesn't work in detail. Just saying "it
doesn't work" doesn't help anyone form a diagnosis.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 14th 08, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Greg Boyd Greg Boyd wrote:

Any idea why you can not do an HTML email merge with Word 2003 on a
Vista machine with Outlook 2007?

No need to post multiple times.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old August 16th 08, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Brian: If you mail merge in plain text, you get the annoying warning; if you
use html, you don't.

Greg: There is no reason why it shouldn't work in HTML format, it works fine
here. I don't think a default outlook format of plain text would matter,
but if you use plain text default, try switching to html. I don't know if
mixed versions have any effect on the formats - you may need to remove
outlook 2007 and reinstall 2003.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: