not able to receive receipts in outlook 2007

Old November 10th 07, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwjones45

Default not able to receive receipts in outlook 2007

hi, i been having a problem over the past week that i am no longer receiving
read and delivery receipts. i went to options then to e-mail options and
then to tracking options. i saw that both read and delivery receipts were
checked. i unchecked them. then i closed out the program and opened it
again. then i rechecked read and delivery receipts. unfortunately that did
not resolve my issue. what can i do to resolve this problem. thanks dave

Old November 10th 07, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

What type of email acct? The usual cause of missing receipts is your mail
server's antispam program treating them as spam but if exchange, they could
be doing other things to block them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 10th 07, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwjones45

diane: the e-mail account i have is a pop3. all my spam goes into a spam
folder. none of it gets deleted before i see it and as far as i know there
has been no changes nor updates to my anti spam program. all of this has
been taking place just within the past couple of days. what can i do to
resolve this issue. thanks dave

Old November 10th 07, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

if the recipients server doesn't return the receipts you won't get any.
i.e., you'll never get a receipt from me. I don't allow it.

if your server decides to block them at the server level, you won't get any.
Check with the mail server admin to see if they are filtering messages with
no form addresses.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"dwjones45" wrote in message
diane: the e-mail account i have is a pop3. all my spam goes into a spam
folder. none of it gets deleted before i see it and as far as i know there
has been no changes nor updates to my anti spam program. all of this has
been taking place just within the past couple of days. what can i do to
resolve this issue. thanks dave
"Diane Poremsky" wrote in message
What type of email acct? The usual cause of missing receipts is your mail
server's antispam program treating them as spam but if exchange, they
could be doing other things to block them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 10th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwjones45

hi diane: i contacted my mail service provider and they gave me the
following number 1-92929 which is located in the microsoft knowledge base.
the person i spoke to said that my question would be answered once i located
that number in the knowledge base. well i did a search and found that there
is no such number. i wonder if you could be of help to me. thanks dave

Old November 11th 07, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

its at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192929 (there is no dash in KB
numbers)- and I don't think its going to "answer your question". You
apparently know how to do receipts and are trying to figure out why they no
longer work.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 11th 07, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwjones45

diane: i explained to the tech guy at comcast as to what my problem was and
this is what he told me to look at. i wonder if my problem might be resolved
if i removed outlook and reinstalled it again?

Old November 11th 07, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Delivery receipt no more

I thought the same thing, but I got my other laptop that has microsoft
outlook that hasn't been hooked up for a couple of months and it also won't
receive delivery receipts either. I have been talking to my server (Comcast)
and they don't know about any problem or anything that they have done to
block you from getting delivery receipts. Mine stopped about 7 days ago.

Old November 11th 07, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

do you have a second acct to test? gmail is a good option if you need an
acct - send message to the gmail acct and see if receipts work. Set up
gmail in outlook and repeat to your comcast acct.

also - make sure when you test it that you don't have outlook set to never
respond - tools, options, email options, tracking - its at the bottom.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 11th 07, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
dwjones45

diane: i sent an e-mail to my msn account that i have set up in outlook. my
msn account received the e-mail. however the account where i sent the e-mail
from did not receive a receipt. by the way in my tracking option i have it
set to always send a response. i wonder if the problem has to do on the
comcast end for someone posted here in this newsgroup saying that the same
thing has happened to them over the past week? dave