I cant get News reader to appear on Go menu - Outlook2003

Old January 25th 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ship

Default I cant get News reader to appear on Go menu - Outlook2003

Hi

I am trying to fire up my Newsreader (Outlook Express 6 from memory -
whatever comes with Microsoft Office 2003...!

But I cant find the News option.
If I go to Standard Toolbar, = then click on the add new button
= then Customise
= then Commands tab
= then Go in "Categries:"
there simply isnt anything there on the right for Commands called
"News"!

I thus dont know how to fire up my Newsreader

- Any suggestions?

With thanks

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Old January 25th 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You'll find this answer posted several times a day here.
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
oups.com...

Old January 30th 06, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ship

Thanks

I hope the heck Microsoft are listening to this conversation.
Any normal mortals would have given up the fight to
get News back! Why the heck do they make it SO HARD!?

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Old January 30th 06, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Actually, they thought they were making it easier. So many users failed to
realize that OE is Outlook's news reader, that they never selected it in
Internet Options. So now they labeled it as Outlook (even though it's
actually OE in news only mode)--but they forgot that most people now know
they are supposed to use OE.
They confuse us until we figure it out, then they reverse course to confuse
us again. I'm trying to get some of them enrolled in a study for a new drug
for schizophrenia.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
ps.com...

Old January 31st 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ship

Can some kind person not just tell them that they need a button
or menu on Outlook2003 called NEWS that links to a decent
Newsreaders.

Auctually I think their best option would be to have different *modes*
for all their softwa Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced.
*ALL* buttons & ALL menus options should only appear if you
are in the appropriate mode. For example when in beginner mode
you only get the beginner options. And when in advanced mode
you get all possible options but they are all coloured up to show
you instantly what level of expertise they are associated with!

( should charge for this, really...)

Ship
Shiperton Henethe