Reduce size of PST file - Outlook 2007

Old October 12th 07, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charlie Woll

Default Reduce size of PST file - Outlook 2007

My pst file is almost 100 meg after compressing. I have a lot of emails
with attachments stored in mail folders in Outlook 2007. Can I move them
out of the pst file but still have them for reference by Outlook? I might
need to access them for future reference.
charlie

Old October 13th 07, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

There are many third party tools which will strip attachments & store these
elsewhere whilst maintaing a link in the origonal mail
100mb is not large, 2007 can go to 20gb at least

Old October 15th 07, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Charlie Woll wrote:

My pst file is almost 100 meg after compressing. I have a lot of
emails with attachments stored in mail folders in Outlook 2007. Can
I move them out of the pst file but still have them for reference by
Outlook? I might need to access them for future reference.
charlie

100 MB is not a large PST. For any version of Outlook, your PST can grow to
20 times that size and for Outlook 2003 and 2007, it can grow 200 times that
size.

Outlook by itself cannot reference attachments that you have removed from
the mail messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]