Unread message cannot be found

Old September 28th 07, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
1stmet

Default Unread message cannot be found

I have several messages that appear in the unread message folder. When I
click on them I get the following response ... "Cannot open this item. The
message you specified cannot be found."

How do I delete them from the folder? Just hitting delete doesn't work.

Thanks,
BT

Old September 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

1stmet wrote:

I have several messages that appear in the unread message folder. When I
click on them I get the following response ... "Cannot open
this item. The message you specified cannot be found."

How do I delete them from the folder? Just hitting delete doesn't
work.

Refresh the folder (ViewRefresh). Do they still show? In what folder does
the Unread Mail folder say they reside?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 29th 07, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MistyKhan

On Sep 28, 1:24 pm, "1stmet" wrote: I have
several messages that appear in the unread message folder. When I
click on them I get the following response ... "Cannot open this item.
The message you specified cannot be found." How do I delete them
from the folder? Just hitting delete doesn't work. Thanks, BTTry
emptying for Deleted Items folder too.

Old October 2nd 07, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
1stmet

Tried refreshing folder and emptying deleted items. They're still there.
It doesn't list the folder they're in the heading is Date: Older.
Thanks

ups.com...

Old October 2nd 07, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

1stmet wrote:

Tried refreshing folder and emptying deleted items. They're still
there. It doesn't list the folder they're in the heading is Date:
Older.

The Unread Mail folder will always show the real folder containing the
messages, toward the right end of the message list. If you have the Reading
Pane visible, try disabling it or viewing it at the bottom.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old June 20th 08, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Walt Parsons

I have the same problem.

The undeleteable message is in "unread" and resides in
"Newf-L" folder according to the information in the unread folder.

I've tried to refresh with no change. I've also looked in the Newf-L folder for this message but can't find it there. I've also deleted all messages in the delete folder.

Any suggestions.

Walt Parsons

Old June 21st 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Could it be a Read Receipt? Can you delete or change the properties of the
NewfL folder--whatever that is? I found this--Newfoundland mailing list
faq's: http://www.gad.net/Newf-FAQ/Newf-FAQ_03.html

Old June 23rd 08, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Walt Parsons wrote:

I have the same problem.

What problem is that? You didn't quote the message to which you think
you're replying so we have no idea of your message's context. You don't
state your Outlook version (but it's presumably OL 2003 or 2007, since it
has a Search folder) and yuo don't state your data store type (Exchange
mailbox or PST).

The undeleteable message is in "unread" and resides in
"Newf-L" folder according to the information in the unread folder.

I've tried to refresh with no change. I've also looked in the Newf-L
folder for this message but can't find it there. I've also deleted
all messages in the delete folder.

Did you try deleting it from the Unread Mail folder? Did you try a
permanent delete (Shift-Delete)? Did you try using the Inbox Repair Tool
(SCANPST)?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old June 23rd 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Walt Parsons

Walt Parsons wrote:

I have the same problem.

What problem is that? You didn't quote the message to which you think
you're replying so we have no idea of your message's context. You don't
state your Outlook version (but it's presumably OL 2003 or 2007, since it
has a Search folder) and yuo don't state your data store type (Exchange
mailbox or PST).
Sorry but I thought that the "quoted message" was automa5tic.

Problem: I have a message sitting in the "unread" folder that I can't delete.
I'm useing Outlook 2007 on a Vista machine.

The message resides in a "Newf-L" folder according to the information in the unread folder.
I've tried to refresh with no change. I've also looked in the Newf-L
folder for this message but can't find it there. I've also deleted
all messages in the delete folder.

Did you try deleting it from the Unread Mail folder?

Yes

Did you try a permanent delete (Shift-Delete)?

Yes

Did you try using the Inbox Repair Tool
(SCANPST)? Yes.

--