Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3

Old September 26th 07, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GordonLiq

Default Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3

Hi,
My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3.
it says: outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are
sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem .
and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail.
write mail or any time.
what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed?
--
Gordon
Old September 26th 07, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine. Couple of thoughts to get
you started...

1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s)

2) Exclude the .PST file extension from real-time antivirus scanning

3) Does Outlook crash and burn in safe mode? (start run outlook.exe
/safe ok button)

Old September 26th 07, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GordonLiq

Thanks for your reply.
I am tring to do so and wait for the further crash.

it mostly happens when I reply or forward an email
and it come with 2 events in log;
Event 1000
source : office outlook 11
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
address 0xccccc304.

Event 1000
source: .Net Framework2.0 error report

Old September 26th 07, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

Interesting, Outlook doesn't use .NET framework. However I would bet that
you have a 3rd party program/addin installed into Outlook that is causing
you grief. Starting Outlook in safe mode will stop the addins from loading.
Outside of that, select Tools Options Other tab Advanced Options
button Addin Manager and COM Addins to see what addins are installed.

The ones that ship with Outlook 2003 will be in the Addin manager. They are
Delegate Access, Deleted Item Recover, Exchange Extensions Commands, and
Exchange Extensions property pages. If you are working with a POP3/IMAP
account, they don't come into play.

.

Old September 26th 07, 02:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GordonLiq

Yes, there is CRM 3 outlook client installed on each computer.
I will try disalbe it , but is there any patch since I need the CRM clent
running
--
Gordon

Old September 26th 07, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

I don't use/have the CRM product, but based on the known issues of SP3, I
would take a peek at these 2 KB articles since they impact how a 3rd party
application interacts with Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938814/
Use Method 1 to disable the feature

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938816/

Old September 27th 07, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GordonLiq

HI,
It is fixed by install the CRM 3 update rollup 2 on both server & client
--
Gordon