Advanced Find not finding all - have to repeat find many times

Old September 17th 07, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
CraiginNJ

Default Advanced Find not finding all - have to repeat find many times

"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages
which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops.
I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click
"Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times!

What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the
criteria?

My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst
files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete
all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the
other I delete all messages younger than or equal to that date.
Outlook XP (2002) was able to find a couple of thousands all at once.
(FYI - I think my files are structured as legacy Outlook campatibilty
type, not the latest Outlook 2007 type.)

Why is Outlook 2007 not finding all files and how can it be fixed?

Craig in NJ
Old September 17th 07, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
CraiginNJ

PS -- the problem only occurred for secondary .pdf files that are
opened at the same time in Outlook 2007. I just used the function
with the primary .pdf file and that seemed fine, finding 1758 items.

PS2 - The definition of when the search stops is when the magnifying
glass icon stops being animated and I no longer see anything added to
the list or count of found messages.

Craig in NJ

Old September 17th 07, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

how about waiting for the stop button to be grayed out and the find now
button to be live?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old September 18th 07, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
CraiginNJ

Yes, that too. I wouldn't have been able to press the "Find" button
again to find the next batch until it's able to be pressed again. It
really did stop finding new items after finding just a fraction of
them, forcing me to use Find a couple of dozens times before it was
done.

Craig