0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003

Old August 28th 07, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Don George

Default 0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003

"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail
server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this
message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
(ISP). Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message.

Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 with the purchase of a new computer
and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my wife with our ISP.
Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send and receive no problem.

I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into "receive"
problems with the above error (I'm able to send emails, just not receive)
Read somewhere else last night that it could be a problem with the ISP not
being able to send & receive emails for 2 email addresses on the same
account...not sure how accurate that is though (especially when they provide
10 free email accounts). Anyone know how to fix this problem? Just very
strange that my wife's account got setup problem free, and using the same
procedure, mine does not work.
Old August 28th 07, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Don George wrote:

"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail
server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this
message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
provider (ISP). Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message.

Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 with the purchase of a new
computer and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my
wife with our ISP. Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send
and receive no problem.

I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into
"receive" problems with the above error (I'm able to send emails,
just not receive) Read somewhere else last night that it could be a
problem with the ISP not being able to send & receive emails for 2
email addresses on the same account..

This shouldn't be an issue. Enable diagnostic logging and see what's
happening when OUtlook talks to the server.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831053/en-us
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]