Email addresses not being remembered

Old August 27th 07, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Pete

Default Email addresses not being remembered

I selected an email address from my contacts list Outlook used to remember
the address so next time I was offered the address (amongst others) in a
dropdown list but now Outlook remembers the address during the session but
next time the program is started the address is no longer there and I have
to select it from my contacts list. It looks like I might have changed some
setting to cause this but dont know how to put this right.

Just in case this is relevant, I have the normal Contacts folder and two
others and one of the other folders is selected to show on top of the list
when selecting an address.

Old August 27th 07, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

When Outlook stops writing to its autocompletion cache, the easiest way to
fix it is to create a new Outlook profile.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old August 28th 07, 10:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Pete

If I create a new profile, is it possible to transfer existing accounts, pst
file, signatures etc to this profile and then delete the old profile?

Old August 28th 07, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It's best to recreate the accounts, but all the data can be transferred.
Just use the same data file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]