'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista

Old July 23rd 07, 06:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Allen Browne

Default 'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista

Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
this dialog:
http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2...TimeDialog.png
How do I stop this?

Already tried:
- Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for each.)
- Closing the dialog without updates.
- Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
- Rebooting
- Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)

Grateful for any suggestions

--
Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia

Old July 26th 07, 05:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
marco

I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows Update
installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Can anyone out there please enlighten us?

Old July 26th 07, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Allen Browne

Excellent, Marco. It's great to have one other piece of the puzzle, i.e. the
timezone is a factor.

Will let you know if this helps to pin it down.

Old July 26th 07, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan

Yeah, i would have to agree that it is the Perth time zone that cause's this
as i have the same problem, but I am able to change my time zone to
everything other than Perth.
So currently have appointments for Taipai and Hong Kong, that i am unable to
change back to Perth time.

Knowing how to fix this would be great but i have a feeling it has something
to do with the timezone fix as you stated and would likely require imput from
MS

Old August 1st 07, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob Bell

I also agree that it is somehow related to Perth time zone. However, I only
started getting the error yesterday and I installed the time zone patch last
December when it was released and have been using Outlook 2007 since
February. I have to wonder if there have been any further patches recently
released that may be causing this?

Old August 2nd 07, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
marco

There was an updated time patch released 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have suspicions
that we should have removed the "update" that was released in December
before installing the recent one - but I'm buggered if I can figure out how!

Old August 9th 07, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tim Muller

I think I've fixed mine by removing an update that I installed back in March
2007 - though I'm not sure when it was released.

The update does not show up in the "Updates" part of the Programs and
Features, it shows up as a program:
1. Go to Control Panel and under Programs choose Uninstall A Program.
2. Select Western Australian Time Zone Update and then click Uninstall.

After doing this you might want to check that Auto-adjust for DST is still
active:
1. Right-click the time in the task bar and choose Adjust Date/Time.
2. In the Time Zone section , under the Change Time Zone button it should
say something like "DST begins on ...".
3. If it doesn't click Change Time Zone and check the Automatically adjust
...." box.

Hope this works for you too!

Old August 9th 07, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tim Muller[_2_]

Scratch that, spoke too soon, dialog just popped up again, sorry.
Old August 16th 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
marco

Grr... Why should W.A. time zones be different from others - seems that only
in this forgotten part of the world we suffer from this. Maybe time is
different here - just have to W(ait) A(while). I wonder if Microsoft is even
aware of the problem.