.pst folder help - continued.....

Old July 21st 07, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terri

Default .pst folder help - continued.....

I followed the information supplied below to move my outlook files to My
Documents.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...124801033.aspx

I followed everything to the T . Towards the end of the page,I am instructed
to go to Control Panel - Mail and "Select the data file from the list and
then click settings. When an error dialog appears etc etc...." well, the
error dialog does NOT appear
.... what could I be doing wrong now???

You can check my earlier posts below entitled .pst folder help - thanks!

Old July 21st 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It would help if you state exactly what you did since these instruction
contain options and we have no idea which you chose. If you receive no error
message, that means you did not move the PST file to a new location
correctly since the profile in question can still find the file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 21st 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terri

I followed the instructions as I stated and in the bottom paragraph To
Control Panel, Double Click Mail. Show Properties, select the profile that
contains the .pst file. Click Properties, Click Data file and click
settings. Supposedly an error appears as it states, however no error appears
so obviously I did something wrong....what? That is the question.

Old July 21st 07, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I understood your question. I answered it. It told you what you did wrong.
It is up to you to provide the answer to my query since we could have no
idea what you did.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 23rd 07, 07:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

I think what Russ was getting at is that if you truly moved your .PST file,
Outlook would have to pop up an error message when it went looking in the old
location, since the .PST is no longer there. So start from the very
beginning of your process and tell us how you moved the .PST file, where you
put it, and how you know there is not still a copy of it in the old location.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 10th 07, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

A pst has no specific assosciation with an email account, the profile has an
association with an email account, and whatever pst you choose to use