'07 - turning of spell check?

Old June 6th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
darrel

Default '07 - turning of spell check?

I'm really hating how Outlook 2007 promps you to fix your spelling before
you can send an email. Questions:

1) Can I turn off that prompt, but retain inline-spell checking (where it
underlines words?)

2) Is there a way to have it NOT check the quoted part of messages when
replying? I don't care if other people can't spell.

-Darrel

Old June 7th 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

1. No.
2. Depends on how you have quoting set.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, darrel asked:

Old June 7th 07, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The final check of email before sending (after pressing the send button) can
be disabled - spell check before sending option. The only advantage of using
this and spell-check as you type is before sending checks the subject, as
you type does not. Look for the option in tools, options, spelling. I use
this option to check the subject then cancel it once it's working in the
body.

It normally does not check replies (i.e., using default settings), but may
if you use to mark quoting. There may be other configs that also kick it
off. That can't be prevented except by changing the settings that are
causing it. But there is a setting you can enable to control it.

Look for the settings in tools, options, spelling for both of your
problems - spell check as you type is under the autocorrect button.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"darrel" wrote in message
I'm really hating how Outlook 2007 promps you to fix your spelling before
you can send an email. Questions:

1) Can I turn off that prompt, but retain inline-spell checking (where it
underlines words?)

2) Is there a way to have it NOT check the quoted part of messages when
replying? I don't care if other people can't spell.

-Darrel

Spell check dialog box scrolls to the bottom Spell check dialog box scrolls to the bottom repeatedly, Tom Tessier Outlook Express 7 November 11th 06 03:31 PM
Outlook express can't spell check. It says to check later. Harold Outlook - General Queries 2 September 8th 06 10:56 PM
spell check D Eberly Outlook Express 3 June 3rd 06 02:32 AM
spell check jd Outlook - General Queries 1 May 26th 06 10:24 PM
Suggestions on turning ON an IE Spell checker in MSN please. Dallas Overturf Outlook Express 2 January 17th 06 10:15 AM