Suggestions on turning ON an IE Spell checker in MSN please.

Old January 17th 06, 01:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dallas Overturf

Default Suggestions on turning ON an IE Spell checker in MSN please.

Hello group: Sorry to ask what seems like a simple question:

A friend of mine running XP home on verizonDSL with MSN for mail; asked me
what he can do for spell checking.

I'm running MS Office 97 and I don't use MSN for mail. And I can't
replicate his problem from here.

His MSN apparently has spell checking ability but it says he needs to add a
dictionary.
(apparently mine is using my office 97 dictionary " a guess")

I've seen some stuff out there in pub domain but was leary of trying it.

Could someone point me at a safe place that would allow him to enable this
feature or something fairly cheap as the case may be.

Thanks Much, Dallas... please CC
on any replies (It's a CHAP account).

--
Home Page:
www.geocities.com/d_overturf

Old January 17th 06, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

OE 6 does not come with its own spell check. You need Word or an MS Office
program.

The spell checker in the basic Works 4 through 6 will work with OE. Older
and newer versions do not.

If you have Works Suite, that includes MS Word and a spell checker that does
work with OE.

You can also download a free spell check at one of these sites.

http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/ (Checks the spelling as you
type).

If you have a functional program, and Spell Check does not work, See:

Spell Checking does not work in OE:
http://mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/OE...ll%20check.htm

Or:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

And: An error occurred while the spelling was being checked or: Spell Check
was halted:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

The first link is usually the fix.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old January 17th 06, 10:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dallas Overturf

Thank you very much Bruce: I'll have him give that a try.

Best regards, Dallas...