Nasty looking file extension

Old May 17th 07, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tracey

Default Nasty looking file extension

Hi all,

I am just wanting some peace of mind. Tonight while doing some work in
Outlook, I opened my Outlook Data File. I know that I normally have three
files in there - called archive.pst, extend.dat and outlook.pst. I was a
bit concerned because I also now have two extra files called
outlook.sharing.xml.obi and outlook.xml.kfl. I am not sure what these are,
so I thought someone might be able to tell me what they are and give me some
peace of mind.

Thanks in advance,

Tracey

Old May 17th 07, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Tracey wrote:

I am just wanting some peace of mind. Tonight while doing some work
in Outlook, I opened my Outlook Data File. I know that I normally
have three files in there - called archive.pst, extend.dat and
outlook.pst. I was a bit concerned because I also now have two extra
files called outlook.sharing.xml.obi and outlook.xml.kfl. I am not
sure what these are, so I thought someone might be able to tell me
what they are and give me some peace of mind.

Those are files Outlook 2007 creates. The progfilename.sharing.xml.obi
file contains RSS subscription names. The profilename.xml.kfl file
contains the Known Feed List for RSS.
--
Brian Tillman