How to grant permission to someone to add/remove folder in Outlook

Old March 29th 07, 10:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Smiley

Default How to grant permission to someone to add/remove folder in Outlook

Hi,

I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would add/remove
folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook but
I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me to
add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to check
boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off ?
Many thanks

Smiley

Old March 29th 07, 10:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Roady [MVP]

The administrator can set it through ESM or the owner of the folder can do
it through Outlook. See;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

Old March 29th 07, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Aligator

rightclick the parent folder, choose PROPERTIES then go to PERMISSIONS tab
--
I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham...

Old March 30th 07, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Smiley

Thank you. That should give me a start.

Have a good weekend.

Smiley

"Roady [MVP]" t wrote in
message ...

Old March 30th 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Smiley

Hi Aligator

Thanks you. I did check on the preperties but not at parent level. Thanks.

Have a good weekend,

Smiley

"Smiley" wrote:

Hi,

I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would
add/remove
folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook
but
I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me
add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to
check
boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off
?
Many thanks

Smiley