sending unknown messages

Old December 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

Default sending unknown messages

My outlook 2003 is doing something I don't understand. I've got a spam
account, that I just want to be able to receive from not send. I set it
that way in the send receive settings. Also, I did not put a legitimate
mail server in the outgoing server settings. I've the it set to never send
read receipts...

But, outlook several times now gets hung up sending an outgoing message from
this account. It's hung because I dont have an outgoing mailserver. But I
didn't send anything, nor do I want to send anything from this account.
Nothing shows up in the outgoing box, so I can't tell what it is trying to
send. How do I get it to stop sending whatever it is and better yet, how do
I find out what it is sending? I suspect the spammers have found some way
to get outlook to send some info back to them, and I don't want to help
them.

Old December 8th 06, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

I found a way to find out what it was sending. If anyone is curious, even
though I had read responses truned off, it is sending them. This is really
nice considering this is as I said for an account where all my mail detected
as spam goes. Just the place I would want read reciepts being sent from
without my consent.