forwarding email showing full headers

Old October 4th 06, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
cathie

Default forwarding email showing full headers

How can I forward an email and include the full headers of the email I am
forwarding?
Old October 5th 06, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"cathie" wrote in message
How can I forward an email and include the full headers of the email
I am
forwarding?

Forward as attachment. Then the actual message is attached and not
just some portion of just the body of the original e-mail.

Old October 5th 06, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
cathie

Hi. Thanks, but can you tell me how to forward it as an attachment? I mean,
if I get an email, there is NO header. I can't find the header. I need to
have a full header available to forward to my bank, ebay, etc., showing them
who is sending me illegal emails. I need to know HOW to get the full header
to appear, and if it won't appear, where I can find it so I can attach it, as
you put it, to the forwarded email I send to my bank, etc., so they can crack
down on these abusers. Thanks!

Old October 5th 06, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

cathie wrote:

Hi. Thanks, but can you tell me how to forward it as an attachment?
I mean, if I get an email, there is NO header. I can't find the
header. I need to have a full header available to forward to my
bank, ebay, etc., showing them who is sending me illegal emails. I
need to know HOW to get the full header to appear, and if it won't
appear, where I can find it so I can attach it, as you put it, to the
forwarded email I send to my bank, etc., so they can crack down on
these abusers. Thanks!

WIth the message open, click ViewOptions to see the headers.
--
Brian Tillman
Old October 7th 06, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"cathie" wrote in message

"Vanguard" wrote:

"cathie" wrote in message
[...]

How you forward - inline or as attachment - is an option. Go look in
the options for Outlook. It's in there. You didn't mention WHICH
version of Outlook that you use and where is the option might be
different in different versions of Outlook. The option looks
something like "When forwarding an e-mail" so select "Attach original
e-mail". There is a problem when forwarding an e-mail as an
attachments. They simply discard them upon receipt. So forwarding as
attachment has its risk if you are trying to report spam. It's okay
for other purposes and it will include the original e-mail but then
inline forwarding is handy when you want to insert your own comments
within the original e-mail. You will need to find out if to whomever
you are sending spam reports will accept e-mails with attachments.

You can do as Brian suggest where you would have to copy and paste the
headers as seen in View - Options and then copy and paste the body of
the message (by View - Source for HTML-formatted e-mails since the
rendered version is useless and they need to see the HTML code).

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/viewing_headers.htm. Personally
I never found PocketKnife that handy since it doesn't show you any
more than what you could already do using features in Outlook.
OLSpamCop (http://www.olspamcop.org/) is an add-in that copies the
entire message, headers + body, to the clipboard. Rather than 2
separate copy and paste operations, I just click the toolbar button
and then paste into the spam reporting web form. It even let you
automatically compose an e-mail that gets sent to SpamCop.