READ BEFORE INSTALLING OFFICE 2007 B2TR

Old October 6th 06, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.powerpoint
D Mike Smith

Default READ BEFORE INSTALLING OFFICE 2007 B2TR

I'm experiencing this issue - is there a MS tech support team - I'm crippled
by not being able to open excel or winword files. D Mike Smith

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

The B2TR patch has some nasty surprises for users in store. The most
important one being that Word 2007 Beta 2 files saved in the new file
formats (extensions docx, docm, etc) might not open at all once B2TR has
been installed.
Excel files in the file formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, etc) saved in B2
should open in B2TR. PowerPoint files saved in B2 in the new file
formats (extensions pptx, pptm, etc) seem to at least open, but seem to
have issues with font size, text placement, and other minor issues.
Before installing B2TR therefore, you should save all your files in the
97-2003 file formats. That means, save all your docx files as doc
(Word), all your xslx files as xls (Excel) and all your pptx files as
ppt (PowerPoint).
There are a host of other issues you might encounter. I am keeping a
running list that I will update constantly over the next few days at
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/14/43. I highly suggest to read it
before installing B2TR.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

Old October 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.powerpoint
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If you are using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it (but don't disable Norton
AutoProtect). See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How
to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in"
for more information.

Old October 7th 06, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.powerpoint
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

There's no official tech support with the beta.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]