How do I attach a file as a shortcut?

Old September 7th 06, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christa

Default How do I attach a file as a shortcut?

I constantly send files to my team that they must input data in. It is
helpful to insert the shortcut to the file as opposed to the entire file,
both to save space and allow people access to the "live" file. I used to be
able to do this in my previous version of Outlook, but can't figure out how
to do that now (the only options are to Insert as Text or as an Attachment) .
Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks
Old September 7th 06, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Christa wrote:

I constantly send files to my team that they must input data in. It
is helpful to insert the shortcut to the file as opposed to the
entire file, both to save space and allow people access to the "live"
file. I used to be able to do this in my previous version of
Outlook, but can't figure out how to do that now (the only options
are to Insert as Text or as an Attachment) . Does anyone have any
recommendations? Thanks

Kepp the file on a network share and just tell everyone where it is.
--
Brian Tillman
Old September 15th 06, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jasy

Also you can use ShareO for file sharing in MS Outlook. Usefull too by
the way you can review it he
http://shareo.4team.biz/?pcode=6083101948f43tk Or SendLater..... keep
an eye on these plug ins.... I thinks they are useful. Cheers