Send mass email and attach file!

Old March 15th 06, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
barryderay

Default Send mass email and attach file!

Hello,
I have an Access db that has a field designated for email address and one
for the name and location of a file I wish to attach to this email. The
attachment for each email address will be unique. Can I automate a process in
Outlook to send the attachment to every email address in my list?
Old March 15th 06, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook]

Yes, you can do all that, but there's no one function that can do exactly
what you describe. You'll need to code the creation of each e-mail message
(see the CreateItem method), then set the To property or add to the
Recipients collection, then call the MailItem.Attachments.Add method to
attach a file. Finally, you'll need to call the MailItem.Send method.

Note that automating the sending of e-mails will display a confirmation
dialog unless you code the solution in VBA within Outlook 2003. See this for
more info:

Microsoft Outlook "Object Model Guard" Security Issues for Developers:
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm

--
Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.)
Try Picture Attachments Wizard for Outlook: