send link blocked "Outlook blocked access ...."

Old August 26th 06, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
coltrane

Default send link blocked "Outlook blocked access ...."

I installed the latest security update for outlook and I can no longer
send a link. I can however receive a link and open it.
I am running Outlook 2003 SP2 on XP Pro SP1.
I have gone through the security settings in the Tools/Options menu and
cannot find anything that would cause this problem. I have the security
set to Internet Medium which is what I have always had my settings set
to.
I have seen mention of registry settings to modify. I tried setting the
Level setting from 3 to 1 in
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Outlook\Security" and
this did not help.

I'd appreciate any help with this. It is quite annoying !

thanks for your help

john

Old August 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

what happens when you try? does it just say it's blocked? (which you should
have seen from day 1 in outlook 2003)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

Old August 27th 06, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
coltrane

I used to get a warning message with a y/n.
I have been using 2003 for quite a while and I do not ever remember not
being able to send a link. Also, when I say send a link I mean sending
a link from the browser which then uses outlook ( i know your an mvp
but I just like typing )

thanks

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
what happens when you try? does it just say it's blocked? (which you should
have seen from day 1 in outlook 2003)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

Old August 29th 06, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The alert has been in OL since June 2000. The link will send, even
though the alert is worded poorly and seems to say it won't send, but if the
recipient uses outlook, it's blocked unless they reduce the security level.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040419.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
what happens when you try? does it just say it's blocked? (which you
should
have seen from day 1 in outlook 2003)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

ups.com...

Old August 29th 06, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
coltrane

I run OL2003 on 2 different workstations. On one system when I send a
link from the browser the link is displayed in the body and when It
received by the sendee the link is also in the body and can be accessed
by clicking on the link.
On the other workstation, when I send a link the url is in the subject
field and is missing anything after the '.' and when it is received by
the sendee there is no link to select.

thanks anyway

cheers

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
The alert has been in OL since June 2000. The link will send, even
though the alert is worded poorly and seems to say it won't send, but if the
recipient uses outlook, it's blocked unless they reduce the security level.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040419.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
what happens when you try? does it just say it's blocked? (which you
should
have seen from day 1 in outlook 2003)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]