How do you configure for automatic download at launch of Outlook?

Old August 23rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ando

Default How do you configure for automatic download at launch of Outlook?

I have looked in Tools, Options but cannot find anything that will download
emails as soon as I launch Outlook.
I was able to do it with Outlook Express but not with Outlook.

Old August 23rd 06, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Set an automatic polling interval.
I'll assume you do not need to know how. Method depends on your Outlook
version which you have decided not to post.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old August 23rd 06, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ando

Default How do you configure for automatic download at launch of Outlo

Your're unbeliveable. I sought this forum to get an idea on how to resolve
the problem, instead I received an irrelevant and unhelpful reply. Why did
you even bother to reply, obviously you have nothing better to do.

If it was obvious to me I would not bee seking help.

Old August 23rd 06, 11:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

As I said, it differs with each Outlook version and despite my request you
have again failed to post your version. Always include relevant information
when asking a question.
For Outlook 2003 you do this in Tools Send/Receive Send/Receive
Settings... Define Send/Receive Groups
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old August 23rd 06, 11:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller

ando, you wrote on Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:59:02 -0700:

I'll assume you do not need to know how. Method depends on your
Outlook version which you have decided not to post.

Thanks for your response but how do you do that?

Why don't you post your Outlook version like Russ asked? The method to
set an polling interval depends on your Outlook version. I am really
inclined not to answer, but what the heck...

In Outlook 2002/2003 you find this option under

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receive

Thus, please make in the future that, for which one asks you in this
newsgroup. Such questions have always a reason.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
Old August 23rd 06, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Christian Goeller wrote:

In Outlook 2002/2003 you find this option under

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receive

In a non-English version, perhaps. Russ posted the way to do it in an
English version.
--
Brian Tillman

Old August 24th 06, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jack

A couple of days ago, for no APPARENT reason, my Outlook 2002 stopped
send/receiving on startup. I tried the solution posted in Knowledge Base
several times, to no avail. Then, for some reason, after trying it the 7th
time, it worked.

Tools / Send/Receive Settings / Define Send/Receive Groups
- highlight your default group (All Accounts?)
- click on 'Copy'
- give your new send/receive group a name
- check the boxes that say to 'Include this group in send/receive (F9)'
- click on 'Close'
- exit Outlook
- restart Outlook, and see if that worked.