Outlook Express to Outlook

Old August 12th 06, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Default Outlook Express to Outlook

I am trying desperately to transfer my old Outlook express 6 files to a new
computer with outlook express 6. No success with professional advice given
to me. Is it possible to transfer the files, or am I better going to
Outlook. Please help. good advice on this topic seems hard to find. Thanks
Old August 12th 06, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

You could try asking in an OE ng as this is an OL ng. They are entirely
different apps,
Maybe look here
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

Old August 12th 06, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manny

Hi Mary

You can do it, I copied all my emails (5 GB) all contacts, and all local
folders even internet connections passwords etc

You need a program called Genie Backup Pro 7.0 this will do it

email me for more info ...

www.pcfixit4u.com

Old August 13th 06, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

I have been searching sites most of the day and this is the first glimmer of
hope I have that it can be done. I have worked most of yesterday with
professionals at a respected computer company (local) and each tech I spoke
with gave me a different direction and none of them worked. I do have all
the dbx files on a cd but don't know what to do with them. Import did not
work. What I *need* is some help with an answer that works. Care to guide
me? I was not able to locate any article on the website you directed me to
that covered moving the files from one computer to another. I appreciate any
guidance. Thanks

Old August 13th 06, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
--Alias--

Mary wrote:
I have been searching sites most of the day and this is the first glimmer of
hope I have that it can be done. I have worked most of yesterday with
professionals at a respected computer company (local) and each tech I spoke
with gave me a different direction and none of them worked. I do have all
the dbx files on a cd but don't know what to do with them. Import did not
work. What I *need* is some help with an answer that works. Care to guide
me? I was not able to locate any article on the website you directed me to
that covered moving the files from one computer to another. I appreciate any
guidance. Thanks

Copy the entire folder of .dbx files to your hard drive. Make sure that
folders.dbx is one of them. Open the folder. Select all the .dbx files
and right click/Properties/untick the Read Only box. Now try importing them.

Alias

Old August 13th 06, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm#movestore

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mary asked:

Old August 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Thank you dear Alias....I have copied all of the dbx files successfully from
old computer. I have loaded them all into one folder on my new computer
desktop. I opened the file and right click/properties/Read Only box not
checked. I opened outlook express on new computer, drop down import,
outlookexpress 6, then ??? oE6 store directory, browse, found file with all
..dbx files, select all folders, next, and message is import complete.
Messages not there....help if you can thanks

Old August 14th 06, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
--Alias--

Mary wrote:
Thank you dear Alias....I have copied all of the dbx files successfully from
old computer. I have loaded them all into one folder on my new computer
desktop. I opened the file and right click/properties/Read Only box not
checked. I opened outlook express on new computer, drop down import,
outlookexpress 6, then ??? oE6 store directory, browse, found file with all
.dbx files, select all folders, next, and message is import complete.
Messages not there....help if you can thanks

Was folders.dbx in the folder you got from the old computer?

Alias