Outlook 2K3 - POP3 & Calendar Appointments

Old July 27th 06, 09:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bill Glidden

Default Outlook 2K3 - POP3 & Calendar Appointments

Just took over management of a small peer-to-peer network today. Outlook
2k3 on Win XP SP2, POPping e-mail from ISP mail server. Client has a couple
of workers who make appointments for their sales people to visit customers.
They make the appointment in their local calendars and Invite Attendees, who
are contained in a local Contacts distribution list. These invites are then
sent and POPped down to the other workers who need to see these appointments
in their calendars, too. They have a rule configured which moves these
invites to an "appointments received" folder where they can accept them and
then the appointments also appear in their calendars. My client swears that
they used to get these appointments directly into their calendars without
having to accept the invitation except where there was already an existing
appointment at that time. In this case, the invite stayed in the
"appoinments received" folder for resolution. I can't see how to accomplish
this trick or even if it is possible.
Can someone please lend me a hand with this?

Old July 27th 06, 10:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

There's a setting here that may help: Tools menu Options Calendar
Resource scheduling. There are options for automatically accepting things
there.

Old July 27th 06, 11:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bill Glidden

Thanks, Vince.

I know the whole scenario is Micky-mouse. They would be far better off with
one of the 3rd-party calendar sharing offerings such as the one on offer
here http://www.officecalendar.com/slipstickgc.asp but I don't know whether
their budget will allow. They are definitely too small for SBS and all that
implies.

Cheers,
Bill