Another "mailto" question -- mailto link that puts body of emails like "reply" does?

Old July 4th 06, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFan

Default Another "mailto" question -- mailto link that puts body of emails like "reply" does?

This has come up again so thought I'd ask if there was code one could
add to the "mailto" link to start new message that would add the email
bodies in? I know this one is a long-shot, but since it's a 50/50
type of deal, thought I'd ask anyway.

I need to do this when I send an email from home but that the
recipient might like to respond to to my work email address. Up till
now, I've just put a blurb with a "mailto" with my office email
address and left it at that. I'm hoping to get a little more
sophisticated, if that is indeed possible. Hopefully such a link, or
other process that might do the same thing, allows user to send
response to another location without having to do FW and then type or
copy/paste the correct email address.

Thanks in advance. D

Old July 4th 06, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

&subject=test%20mail&body=the %20quick%20fox

But why not use the message Options dialog to set the Reply-to address instead?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 4th 06, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFan

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:30:41 -0400, StargateFan
wrote:

This has come up again so thought I'd ask if there was code one could
add to the "mailto" link to start new message that would add the email
bodies in? I know this one is a long-shot, but since it's a 50/50
type of deal, thought I'd ask anyway.

I need to do this when I send an email from home but that the
recipient might like to respond to to my work email address. Up till
now, I've just put a blurb with a "mailto" with my office email
address and left it at that. I'm hoping to get a little more
sophisticated, if that is indeed possible. Hopefully such a link, or
other process that might do the same thing, allows user to send
response to another location without having to do FW and then type or
copy/paste the correct email address.

Thanks in advance. D

Hey, I kept searching as I often do, but this time found something.
Here's a partial fix to my problem above:
&subject=Subject goes here&body=Today is
July 3rd, 2006.

I found that the syntax for the body of the email is a pain. It would
mean putting a limited number of characters right into the mailto
syntax where I was hoping just to have something as easy as "body".
If there isn't an easier way other than the above, I will just have to
be happy with getting a reply email to the correct address with just
the subject line being replicated. But thought I'd ask first if that
is the only way to get the body, by typing in everything that must go
in there.

Thanks.

Old July 4th 06, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFan

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 22:09:08 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:

&subject=test%20mail&body=th e%20quick%20fox

But why not use the message Options dialog to set the Reply-to address instead?

rofl Because I didn't know about this option! This is great;
thanks so much. I never knew this trick and it's definitely one that
is perfect! I just recalled the message I just emailed and re-sent
with the reply in options set to my work address. Most wickedly kewl!

Thanks! D

Old July 4th 06, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFan

wrote:

[...]

Oops, reminds me of a Gilda Radner's "never mind" g ... just
learned from Sue about changing the reply address in the Options box,
so this whole thing whole problem has now disappeared. Very neat!

Old August 16th 06, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFan

wrote:

&subject=test%20mail&body=th e%20quick%20fox

I have a question as I'm back with this issue and just ran into
something.

Here's what I have now:
&subject=Subject%20Line&body=Tex t%20body.

How can I get that period (.) at the end of the sentence to appear
properly in the body? I've googled and searched the help but no go.

Thanks! D

Old August 16th 06, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFanFromWork

Excellent, so that's what that is ... Super. I'm sure there's a list
somewhere for all sorts of other items we might need (parentheses, etc.) so
thanks for letting me know what to look for now. I searched various Outlook
groups and the archives and this didn't come up yesterday. I bet you know
that I know the term, I'd find tons of information now! g

Thanks. D

Old August 16th 06, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/urlEncoding/
--
Brian Tillman
Old August 16th 06, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
StargateFanFromWork

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
StargateFanFromWork wrote:

Excellent, so that's what that is ... Super. I'm sure there's a list
somewhere for all sorts of other items we might need (parentheses,
etc.) so thanks for letting me know what to look for now. I searched
various Outlook groups and the archives and this didn't come up
yesterday. I bet you know that I know the term, I'd find tons of
information now! g

http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/urlEncoding/
--
Brian Tillman