Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

Old June 28th 06, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tania

Default Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2003 Standard and this is the message I get when I try to
send emails now. It's only a new address but was working. This has only
happened in the last couple of days.

This is the message I get sent back to me from System Administrator:
Undeliverable Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

I've been into Tools Email Accounts View or change existing e-mail
accounts and tested the account settings. All the tests completed with green
ticks so does anyone know about this? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Old June 29th 06, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Wayne

Access denied for a relay attempt is normally a server setting rather than a
setting in the Outlook client.

If you are using Exchange server there is a setting on the connector that
says "Allow any authenticated user to relay" - or something to that effect

Old June 29th 06, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tania

Thanks Wayne. Not using Exchange Server. I've been using my old account to
get by but...... (Sigh!!) Guess I'll have to make the call to my ISP after
all. With the amount of time you spend on 'hold', I was just hoping there
was a setting at my end that I didn't know about.

Old June 29th 06, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wayne wrote:

Access denied for a relay attempt is normally a server setting rather
than a setting in the Outlook client.

Relaying denied, while a server error, is most often caused by failure to
authenticate to the outgoing server in the account properties within
Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 30th 06, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tania

Hey Brian,

I'm sorry but I don't get that. I went in to the accounts section and tested
it and all the tests completed with a green tick. Is there somewhere else I
should be looking?

Old June 30th 06, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Tania wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't get that. I went in to the accounts section and
tested it and all the tests completed with a green tick. Is there
somewhere else I should be looking?

Look on the Outgoing Server tab in your account properties. See if it the
box labeled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 1st 06, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tania

That box isn't ticked but I think this may be all my fault anyway. The
account I'm using to get by is with Kooee. I'm waiting on a modem to arrive
from AAPT to fully convert.

I got confused because when I first made this account in Outlook, I was able
to send emails for a couple of days and it's this account I'm posting to the
newsgroup through. I can still receive emails but maybe this is the problem
after all. Sorry about that.

Old July 2nd 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Tania wrote:

That box isn't ticked but I think this may be all my fault anyway. The
account I'm using to get by is with Kooee. I'm waiting on a modem to
arrive from AAPT to fully convert.

I got confused because when I first made this account in Outlook, I
was able to send emails for a couple of days and it's this account
I'm posting to the newsgroup through. I can still receive emails but
maybe this is the problem after all. Sorry about that.

Try checking the box.
--
Brian Tillman
Old July 3rd 06, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tania

Ta heaps for that Brian,

It kept coming up with that Network Password dialogue box every 2 secs so I
also checked "Logon to incoming mail server before sending mail" and it
worked! Thanks again.