Help! outlook keeps deleting recipient email address...

Old March 7th 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
networm

Default Help! outlook keeps deleting recipient email address...

Hi all,

One thing I like from outlook is that it automatically remembers my
contacts' email address and when I write email I just need to type a few
prefix letters and Outlook will automatically fill in the rest of the email
address for me(autocompletion of recipient's email address).

But recently I found it is annoying that Outlook periodically
deletes/forgets my contacts email address.

A recipient's email address previously remembered and auto-completed will be
forgetten after certain period.

For example, suppose 2 weeks ago, I want to send email to
, I just need to type "abc", then it will automatically
fill in the rest for me; the email address is in Outlook's database or
lookup table.

For today, when I want to send email to this guy again, I typed "abc", there
popped up a choice list, but this email address is no longer in there... and
I have to find this guy's email address from paper again and fill in the
recipient address manually...

What's wrong about this? Is there a buffer-length limitation in Outlook
somewhere hidden and the buffer discards the contacts following some rules
hiddenly?

Thanks a lot!

Old March 8th 06, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sharath

The auto complete feature that you are talikng about is stored in a file
called *.nk2. Where *= profile name. If this file is damaged then the
entries are lost.

Old March 8th 06, 08:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
networm

the file was not damaged. Most of the entries are there.

perhaps some entries got buffered out?