Distribution Group

Old March 1st 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
M.Siler

Default Distribution Group

I've created a distribution group via Address Book and it's in Contacts --
How do I share this group with other members of the group? Can I send the
group like one can send a VCard?

Old March 1st 06, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In ,
M.Siler typed:
I've created a distribution group via Address Book and it's in
Contacts -- How do I share this group with other members of the
group? Can I send the group like one can send a VCard?

Hi -
When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
M.Siler

Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

Press Ctrl+Shift+B which will open the "Address Book" window. From the menu
selected File New Entry...
From the "New Entry" window you have two options "New Contact" & "New
Distribution List" Select "New Distribution List" and add the people you
want (both internal and external people). When complete click the "Save and
Close" button.

I played around more and found that if I switch from "Global Address List"
to "Contacts", double click on the newly created distribution list and press
Ctrl+F it open an email with the distribution list as an attachment from
which I can forward it to anyone I'd like. When someone gets the email with
distribution list attachment if the double click on it the "Distribution
List" window will open. They should then from the menu select File Copy to
Folder... Then from the "Copy Item to" window select "Contacts".

If there is an easier or better way please let me know.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
Explain more accurately what you did.
The only groups you can create in the Address Book are with Outlook
Express or the Windows Address Book. Outlook has no such feature.
State your Outlook version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 2nd 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
M.Siler

I'll include the version, but how is the subject not consistent with the
body... My question is about distribution groups and that's what my subject
is??

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
ahoo.com wrote in message

In ,
M.Siler typed:

Old March 2nd 06, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

M.Siler wrote:

Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

Press Ctrl+Shift+B which will open the "Address Book" window. From
the menu selected File New Entry...
From the "New Entry" window you have two options "New Contact" & "New
Distribution List" Select "New Distribution List" and add the people
you want (both internal and external people). When complete click the
"Save and Close" button.

Never manipulate your COntacts using the Address Book interface. You may
observe confusing behavior. Always add Contact items within the Contacts
folder.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 2nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Distribution Lists are created in Contacts Folders, never the "address
book."
File New Distribution List...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
. ..

M.Siler wrote:

Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

Press Ctrl+Shift+B which will open the "Address Book" window. From
the menu selected File New Entry...
From the "New Entry" window you have two options "New Contact" & "New

Old March 3rd 06, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

M.Siler wrote:

I'll include the version, but how is the subject not consistent with
the body... My question is about distribution groups and that's what
my subject is??

Read again. Not "consistent", "concise".
--
Brian Tillman
Old March 3rd 06, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
M.Siler

Looks like the exact same screen, but I can assume by your warning that it's
not. I'll go through File New Distribution List... from now on.

Do you know if MS has removed Address Book from Outlook 2007?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
Distribution Lists are created in Contacts Folders, never the "address
book."
File New Distribution List...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
. ..

M.Siler wrote:

Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

Press Ctrl+Shift+B which will open the "Address Book" window. From
the menu selected File New Entry...
From the "New Entry" window you have two options "New Contact" & "New

Old March 3rd 06, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Unfortunately, the Outlook Address Book interface is unchanged. It remains
one of Outlook's worst "features."
The Outlook Address Book has always been a "virtual address book" which is
only a display of the data in Contacts Folders. It was never intended to be
an interface for data entry or manipulation, but Microsoft never made that
clear by providing Menu items that make you think you can enter or edit data
from it. In fact, sometimes you can, but you as you can see, you shouldn't.
The connection between the Outlook Address Book and its underlying Contacts
Folder(s) is fragile and easily disrupted. Data entered through that
interface is easily lost or saved in the wrong location.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"M.Siler" wrote in message
Looks like the exact same screen, but I can assume by your warning that
it's not. I'll go through File New Distribution List... from now on.

Do you know if MS has removed Address Book from Outlook 2007?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
Distribution Lists are created in Contacts Folders, never the "address
book."
File New Distribution List...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
. ..

M.Siler wrote:

Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

Press Ctrl+Shift+B which will open the "Address Book" window. From
the menu selected File New Entry...
From the "New Entry" window you have two options "New Contact" & "New