Spell checker / ignore original message in reply or forward

Old February 28th 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
coopfab

Default Spell checker / ignore original message in reply or forward

When forwarding or replying, the spell checker will sometimes check to the
reply header information, and sometimes the entire original message. I have
checked the "Ignore original message text" in setup.

Is there something else to do?

Thanks

--
M. Cooper
Old February 28th 06, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

If you're using the option to prefix a character to each line of a reply
(typically a '') the original will get checked. Not sure if there's a way
around it.

Old February 28th 06, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
coopfab

Thanks. OK, now where is the set up to prefix the original email.

Thanks for your continued support.
--
M. Cooper

Old March 1st 06, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Tools menu Options Email options

Old May 4th 06, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Michael Poole

I am experiencing the same problem on "certain" HTML formatted e-mails. If I
reply or forward an e-mail that is completely HTML (like a web-page) then the
text of the orginal message is being checked.

My suspiscion (sp) is that outlook is modifying the HTML in some way and
therefore it looks as if it was edited (much like the issue listed above).

The thing is though that it does not happen on other HTML messages - it is a
sporadic issue.

I have one I can send if enyone is interested........

Old December 19th 06, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David

I just run spell check until it finishes my document and when it starts
checking the forwarded document just cancell spell check and it will ask you
if you want to send it any way. Then just hit yes and there it goes without
checking all of the original mumble jumble.

Old December 20th 06, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
richmondhokie

The issue is not how to hit "cancel" when it gets to the forwarded/replied
section - the issue is that eventhough we have checked "Ignore Original
Message in Reply or Forward" - Outlook is NOT doing that and it is still
checking the entire message.

Old January 3rd 07, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bryan

Correct! An I've seen this happening since Office 97, it is there for every
version so Microsoft has not addressed this problem ever. The ability to
ignore the original message is not robust, and should have been addressed
long ago. It is difficult for me to believe that Microsoft is unaware of
this problem after so many years. There are other issues with Outlook that
haven't been addressed because they're too cheap to add features.

Office XP 2002 user