rules in 2k3 - drop attachment and forward message

Old January 19th 06, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew

Default rules in 2k3 - drop attachment and forward message

Dear Group,
I apologize if this has been asked lately, but due to its specificity, it
probably hasnt.

I use vonage for my business, and I have email attachment notification
turned on, which is extremely useful because it makes the message an audio
file and sends it as an attachment. I want to be able to be notified on my
cell phone when someone leaves a message though. The problem is that my cell
phone cant receive emails with attachments. Since vonage already sends me an
email, I want to be able to forward a notification to my cell phone via my
cell email address.

What I would like to do is when the vonage email comes in, I could create a
rule that will either drop the attachment and forward it to my cell email
address, or just email me a custom message that I create, to my cell phone.
I looked through the rules and couldn't find one for that specific task. I
can apparently do some type of scripting, but I dont know the syntax or
language/commands to use. If anyone can help in this department by telling
me what to do in Outlook or recommending other software that could do it, I
would be grateful.

Thanks!

Andrew

Old January 19th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

see if outlookcode.com has any code samples for scripting - if not, you'll
need to use a 3rd party rules engine.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]