How to I enable Outlook to run in the background?

Old May 30th 06, 10:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
sherene

Default How to I enable Outlook to run in the background?

I would like to know how to enable the Outlook to run in the background when
the outlook is closed?
Old May 30th 06, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

I don't think there's a way to run it without a UI. In OL2003 you can have
it run in the system tray.

Old May 31st 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
sherene

Yes, I am using OL2003. the Outlook only appear in system tray when I open or
minimised the outlook window, but if I choose to close the outlook window,
the icon of the outlook in system tray will disappeared. For example, if I
close the window meseenger, the icon in the system tray is still there and
working. I would like to know whether the outlook have this feature. So may I
know is it possible to do so?
thanks for the help.

Old May 31st 06, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

No, it does not have that feature. Outlook must be open to run.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, sherene asked: