Personal Folders-Properties-Advanced Button Missing

Old January 11th 06, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David Tong

Default Personal Folders-Properties-Advanced Button Missing

Thanks to anyone who considered trying to help with this. However it
turns out that the problem is nothing to do with Outlook after all :-)

It occurred on a sub-notebook with a screen size of only 158 x 95 mm
(Toshiba U100). To improve viewing on the small screen I had
increased the dots per inch setting to 134 from the default of 96.
This works fine in most cases, but it caused the lower buttons
(Advanced and Folder Size) in the Personal Folder / Properties pane of
OL2000 to disappear completely from view.

I've now reduced dpi to 128. This leaves the buttons in partial view.
Now I know the buttons were there all the time I guess I could have
used tab to access them. (Four tabs get me to the Advanced button).

The solution seems kind of obvious now, but it took four weeks and a
lot of experimenting before I realised it.

David Tong,
(now slightly wiser than before).

"David Tong" wrote in message
"David Tong" wrote in message
This button is missing on my Outlook 2000 Personal Folder (Folder List,
right-click Personal Folder, select Properties). Would appreciate ideas
for
getting it back.

It's not just on one user. I tried starting up Outlook in Admin for the
first time. It made a brand new Personal Folder but this has no Advanced
button either. Even uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't
solve
it. And no clues from Google searches.

(Office 2000 Small Business in IMO mode running on fully-patched XP).

--
David Tong
[Please replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply].

I just found that I can access the Advanced button on the 'faulty'
Personal
Folder *provided* I do it over the lan from another installation of
Outlook
2000. So I guess this proves the folder is ok and that the problem is
with
the Outlook installation on the first computer.

Wondering if the problem could be caused by a faulty *.dat file. I read
somewhere that uninstalling Outlook does not delete some of these files,
so
that might explain why uninstalling and reinstalling Office didn't cure
it.
I really could use some help on this.

David Tong