Outlook vs Outlook Express--?

Old May 19th 06, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terry

Default Outlook vs Outlook Express--?

When Outlook download email from the ISP's server is it then deleted from the server (as does
OEXP) or does it leave it on the server like webmail does?

A little background: I use Outlook Express as my email client. I am not particularly
knowledgeable about Outlook. I have a friend who uses Outlook - sometimes -- and Yahoo
webmail - sometimes -- because that's what his ISP (SBC) gives him. He doesn't particularly
like Outlook, but he's even more unhappy with Yahoo webmail. I'm trying to convince him that
OEXP would be the best thing for him, but I'm having trouble trying to explain myself to him.

If I could get an answer to my question (along with any comments anyone feels inclined to give)
I'd certainly appreciate it.

Old May 19th 06, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

It's deleted unless you set it to Leave a copy on Server in the acct setup.
This setting is available in both OE and OL. Outlook cannot be used for
webmail. And free Yahoo web mail uses its own email client so he would have
to use his browser to retrieve mail--not OE or OL.

Old May 21st 06, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan Brown

"Terry" wrote in message
When Outlook download email from the ISP's server is it then deleted from
the server (as does OEXP) or does it leave it on the server like webmail
does?

A little background: I use Outlook Express as my email client. I am not
particularly knowledgeable about Outlook. I have a friend who uses
Outlook - sometimes -- and Yahoo webmail - sometimes -- because that's
what his ISP (SBC) gives him. He doesn't particularly like Outlook, but
he's even more unhappy with Yahoo webmail. I'm trying to convince him
that OEXP would be the best thing for him, but I'm having trouble trying
to explain myself to him.

In Outlook by default the email is deleted off the server. However there is
a function in Outlook to leave the email on the server or leave on the
server for x days and then delete it.

Alan Brown

Old May 21st 06, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan Brown

In Outlook by default the email is deleted off the server. However there
is a function in Outlook to leave the email on the server or leave on the
server for x days and then delete it.

Alan Brown

Sorry I should have said where to find it.

In MS Outlook

Tools / Email Accounts / View or change

Select account

More Settings