Undeliverable Email after making a New Meeting Request in Outlook 2003

Old February 22nd 06, 02:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
TechFirm

Default Undeliverable Email after making a New Meeting Request in Outlook 2003

I have an interesting problem going on and would like feedback from anyone
who can help.

We are running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. I had
a former employee Mary Jo who was given right to view the calendar of her
boss and assist him with his scheduling. She left the company and a new
employee took her place. Her domain account and email account were deleted
from the server. Here is where it gets interesting. Now whenever a user
in Outlook submits a new meeting request to her boss by selecting the boss's
email from the global address list (I don't think it matters how you enter
the boss's email) from within their exchange calendar, they get a email
message back stating an email to Mary Jo was undeliverable. Here boss also
gets the meeting request email and that part works okay. But why is there
an email also sent to Mary Jo?

I have check everywhere trying to find a rule that would forward an email to
Mary Jo if a meeting request was made to her boss, but have not found one.
Does any one know what is going on here and how to stop Mary Jo from getting
sent a email in this case.

Old February 22nd 06, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Noel All

Have you looked on the Delegates Tab of the Boss Outlook (Tools || Options

Old February 23rd 06, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
TechFirm

Yes. I rechecked the tools / options / delegates on the bosses outlook and
there is no name listed there. I am not sure if Mary JO was ever listed
there. Is there a way to check on the exchange server to see if it thinks
Marry Jo name is still listed there even though her account has been
deleted? The boss outlook is not running in cache mode.

Thanks,

TechFirm

Old February 24th 06, 10:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Noel All

Have you gone into the Properties of the Calendar and checked the
Permissions tab, another place to check in the Boss account in AD and look
at the mailbox rights.

Old February 24th 06, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
TechFirm

Yes, I have check both places and still nothing.

Thanks,

TechFirm

Old February 24th 06, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
TechFirm

I got this posting at other news group. Did it and it worked.

Hello,
I finally had this problem solved by adding another person in the

delegate
list of the mailbox in which the deleted one was listed.
it worked fine, and after that I removed (if necessary) the person from

the
delegate list and had some peace again!!!!

JB

"nurv" wrote:

Thanks,

Tech Firm

Old February 24th 06, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Noel All

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the info - one to add the how to list
"TechFirm" wrote in message
I got this posting at other news group. Did it and it worked.

Hello,
I finally had this problem solved by adding another person in the

delegate
list of the mailbox in which the deleted one was listed.
it worked fine, and after that I removed (if necessary) the person

from
the
delegate list and had some peace again!!!!

JB

"nurv" wrote:

Thanks,

Tech Firm