Default Wanted -- Plain Text

Old February 20th 06, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default Default Wanted -- Plain Text

I'm using Outlook 2000. It currently displays emails as HTML when the
sender has used HTML. I subscribe to several listserves. I want to
stop receiving HTML mail frm the lists. I want to receive plain text
only. How do I do that?

*(((({

Old February 20th 06, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Change your message reading format to plain text. You will not read any email
in html. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Preferences.
Click E-mail Options, and then select the Read all standard mail in plain
text check box. If you just want to change only the lists format, contact the
lists and request it.

Old February 20th 06, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Mary, that option is not available in Outlook 2000.

To the OP, contact the listservs account management to see if they have
options for how you want to receive their newsletters. You can also
download Chilton Preview Pane to read all messages in plain text.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mary asked:

Old February 21st 06, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller

*((({, you wrote on Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:35:07 -0800:

I'm using Outlook 2000. It currently displays emails as HTML when the
sender has used HTML. I subscribe to several listserves. I want to
stop receiving HTML mail frm the lists. I want to receive plain text
only. How do I do that?

http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/defaul...?pid=55&did=38

But notice: On that site is described that Outlook 2000 since SP1 itself
is able to convert html to plain text (by setting a registry value). As
far as I know that's not correct. Since you are using Outlook 2000 you
need to download the file "nohtml.dll".

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
Old March 4th 06, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default Plain Text -- need nohtml.dll

Where can I find the file "nohtml.dll" -- and how do I make it work in
Outlook 2000, so that I read email only in plain text?

*(((({

Old March 5th 06, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller

*((({, you wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:58:05 -0800:

Where can I find the file "nohtml.dll" -- and how do I make it work in
Outlook 2000, so that I read email only in plain text?

Download the file directly from [1] and read the instructions on [2].

[1] http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/download/Nohtml.zip
[2] http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/defaul...?pid=55&did=38

--
Best Regards