Program to synchronize Outlook 2003

Old February 19th 06, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Eckhardt Newger

Default Program to synchronize Outlook 2003

Hi,

does anybody know of or has a program which synchronizes all email accounts
in the background, i. e. while Outlook is running and sitting as an icon in
the systray starting the program will send and receive all emails (no
intersection with Windows' GUI), and terminate (without notification) when
done?

Best regards

mumdugau
Old February 19th 06, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Eckhardt Newger wrote:

does anybody know of or has a program which synchronizes all email
accounts in the background, i. e. while Outlook is running and
sitting as an icon in the systray starting the program will send and
receive all emails (no intersection with Windows' GUI), and terminate
(without notification) when done?

Sync with what? What you describe is normal operation for Outlook. I.e.,
while Outlook is running and mnimized in the System Tray, it surely will
send/receive messages with action required from you.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 19th 06, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Eckhardt Newger

"Brian Tillman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Eckhardt Newger wrote:

Sync with what? What you describe is normal operation for Outlook. I.e.,
while Outlook is running and mnimized in the System Tray, it surely will
send/receive messages with action required from you.

I want the program when being started to send and receive emails instead of
opening Outlook and press the Send/Receive button or press F9. Of course, I
could use the built-in automatism to regularly synchronize every x minutes.
The problem here is that Outlook doesn't directly synchronize with online
mailboxes but with a local mail server. Outlook can only synchronize when
the mail server isn`t busy itself with communicating with the external
mailboxes. So a regularly set synchronizaton interval in Outllok could
interfere with the mail server's activities which are controlled by
continously running script. The idea is to append a call to the program I'm
looking for at the end of each mail server cycle.

Best regards

Eckhardt Newger
Old February 20th 06, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Eckhardt Newger wrote:

I want the program when being started to send and receive emails
instead of opening Outlook and press the Send/Receive button or press
F9.

In order for Outlook to perform a send/receive at startup, you must define a
send/receive interval.

Of course, I could use the built-in automatism to regularly
synchronize every x minutes.

And that's how you tell Outlook to perform a send/receive at startup.

The problem here is that Outlook doesn't
directly synchronize with online mailboxes but with a local mail
server.

Huh? You've lost me here. Whatever server Outlook uses to obtain your
messages is your server and it is with that that Outlook "synchronizes". If
Outlook is obtaining messages from the local server, then is is already
"synchrionizing".

Outlook can only synchronize when the mail server isn`t busy
itself with communicating with the external mailboxes. So a regularly
set synchronizaton interval in Outllok could interfere with the mail
server's activities which are controlled by continously running
script. The idea is to append a call to the program I'm looking for
at the end of each mail server cycle.

Perhaps if you give a more precise description of your mail flow, I'll
understand you problem.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 20th 06, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Eckhardt Newger

Hi Brian,

I try to give some more details so that you understand the problem.

All Internet mailboxes and newsgroups are handled by a program called
Hamster which acts as local mail and news server. Hamster sends and receives
all emails and news, and stores them locally. Hamster's activities are
managed by a script which runs all day long and checks every x minutes if
emails and news are to sent and/or to be received. Outllook Express (for
news) and Outlook (for emails) simply connect to Hamster for
sending/receiving news/emails. But Hamster cannot simultaneously check for
new emails/news and serve requests from Outlook Express/Outlook. So when
being busy with external traffic Hamster can't fulfil requests from Outlook
Express or Outlook.

The idea now is to execute each time Hamster has finished one external
traffic cycle a program which synchronizes with Outlook (and an other
program for Outlook Express) to send/receive emails (news). These programs
should work in the background, not to be seen at Windows' GUI. For Outlook
this should be possible by means of a VB macro, but my knowledge/expereince
here are too weak do do it myself.

I hope you understand now what I'm looking for.

B. r.

Old February 20th 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Eckhardt Newger wrote:

All Internet mailboxes and newsgroups are handled by a program called
Hamster which acts as local mail and news server. Hamster sends and
receives all emails and news, and stores them locally. Hamster's
activities are managed by a script which runs all day long and checks
every x minutes if emails and news are to sent and/or to be received.
Outllook Express (for news) and Outlook (for emails) simply connect
to Hamster for sending/receiving news/emails. But Hamster cannot
simultaneously check for new emails/news and serve requests from
Outlook Express/Outlook. So when being busy with external traffic
Hamster can't fulfil requests from Outlook Express or Outlook.

I understand now, but I think it's a poor was to handle things. I'm afraid
I have no ideas how you can use Outlook to overcome the shortcomings of
Hamster.
--
Brian Tillman