Outlook 2003 opens emails in background.

Old May 2nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2003 opens emails in background.

Hi. I'm experiencing a problem where Outlook 2003 will start opening
e-mails in the background after a while. I am not sure if this is
related to other applications being started or stopped (maybe word,
which is set as the e-mail editor?), but haven't noticed any direct
correlations.

The system is running Windows XP SP2 and is connected to Exchange.

Exiting Outlook and re-opening it will reset it so that e-mails once
again opens as expected--in windows that are in focus.

I found a similar problem reported here, but with no replies:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f24dfb0ba3b387

Any ideas what might be causing this? Are there any MS KB articles on
it (or similar issues)?

Thanks,

Clayton Hughes

Old May 3rd 06, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I did not think that I had any add-ins, and certainly have never heard
of Plaxo.

There are, however, a few add-ins listed and checked under the add-in
manager. These are "LDVP", "Delegate Access", "Deleted Item
Retrieval", "Exchange Extension Commands", "Exchange Extension Property
Pages". There is also an item there that is not checked, which is
"Server Scripting."

These all look fairly benign, although I don't know what the LDVP one
is (A Symantec add-in, maybe?).

Also, as a note, I have the 'use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit
e-mail messages' selected.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Also, yes, the windows open as you describe them. They have focus in
the taskbar when opened, but do not appear on the screen. Outlook
itself must be minimized before I can see the message.

Old May 9th 06, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I've tried disabling them, but it continues to occur.

Other steps I've tried include reinstallation, as well as the KB
article found he
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=886217, which describes
similar problems.

Any other suggestions?