email accounts...import - or where are they listed (what file)

Old April 25th 06, 01:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ron....

Default email accounts...import - or where are they listed (what file)

How would I import my email accounts from another computer....

I have many accounts from outlook 2003 and would like to import them to
another computer

and can I also import the rules from another computer?

I have the hard drive access to it... as the registry got royally messed up
after downloading a "pick of the day" from PCMagazine site! Last time
I do that!

Old April 25th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Ron.... wrote:

How would I import my email accounts from another computer....

ihatespam suggested the FIle and Settings Transfer Wizard. For mail account
data, I would recommend the Office Save My Settings Wizard, which should be
on your Start menu under Microsoft Office Tools. For transferring your
other Outlook data, see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm .

Right now, get "import" and "export" out of your brain. normal transfer of
Outlook data does not include either of those terms.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 25th 06, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Brian Tillman wrote:
Ron.... wrote:

How would I import my email accounts from another computer....

ihatespam suggested the FIle and Settings Transfer Wizard. For mail
account data, I would recommend the Office Save My Settings Wizard,
which should be on your Start menu under Microsoft Office Tools. For
transferring your other Outlook data, see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm .

Right now, get "import" and "export" out of your brain. normal transfer
of Outlook data does not include either of those terms.

Ahhh - interesting....does that actualy save the email settings - i.e.
pop3 / smtp server config etc?

Lee
Old April 25th 06, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ron....

Guys, I am far from an expert on anything and look for guidence...

I don't have outlook running on the original computer because I had to
reset it back to "original HP" set-up - It was an option that I had... It
said it doesn't
delete any of the DATA and I found the PST file and such.

But I had about 6 or 7 email accounts with all kinds of rules and mail.

The data is so valuable to me that I didn't chance messing with it and went
out and bought
a new computer on my credit card and am trying to get everything onto it
from the old one.

I learned a REAL lesson! But I bet you have heard that before!

Thanks for all the help!

Old April 25th 06, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Ron.... wrote:

I don't have outlook running on the original computer because I had to
reset it back to "original HP" set-up - It was an option that I
had... It said it doesn't
delete any of the DATA and I found the PST file and such.

But I had about 6 or 7 email accounts with all kinds of rules and
mail.

By restoring the system to the factory default, you have destroyed the mail
accounts you had. They're kept in the registry and you blew away the one
you had so they cannot be recovered. You'll have to recreate them manually.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 26th 06, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ron....

Is there a backup stored anywhere? The old one?

What would it be called?

Old April 26th 06, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Ron.... wrote:
Is there a backup stored anywhere? The old one?

What would it be called?

Not unless you created one! You would know where it is and what it's
called...

If you used the restore CD's then you've lost it in affraid!

Lee
Old April 26th 06, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Ron.... wrote:

Is there a backup stored anywhere? The old one?

Unless you created it, no. Restoring to the factory configuration
completely wipes out everything that was on the disk and restores your PC to
the state it was in when you received it from the vendor. There was no mail
or mail accounts on it then, and there is none now.
--
Brian Tillman