MAPISP32.exe genned errors

Old June 3rd 10, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Puddin' Man

Default MAPISP32.exe genned errors

W2k sp4 with Office2k on desktop system.

I was getting ready to shut-down last nite when I got:

"MAPISP32.exe genned errors ..."

Outlook had been loaded all day. I wasn't doing anything with it
when the error occurred. Running only POP3, SMTP, I think.

Today Outlook seems kinda funny. Reaction time somewhat
unpredictable, etc.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thx,

Old June 4th 10, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Orland, Kathleen

How large is your PST? Have you scanned it for errors?

--

Kathleen Orland

news

Old June 4th 10, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Puddin' Man

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:45:43 -0400, "Orland, Kathleen" wrote:

How large is your PST? Have you scanned it for errors?

{Rule #1 - always, Always, ALWAYS tell 'em to run SCANPST!}

D:\xxxxxxxxxxx\yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.pst OK 644,292K

No errors were found in this file

folders found in this file 18
items found in this file 11,448

Old June 4th 10, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Orland, Kathleen

When was your last PC/laptop restart? Have you checked your application
event viewer for any Outlook or Office errors? Can you open Outlook in safe
mode and does it run OK in that case?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
(note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

--

Kathleen Orland

Old June 5th 10, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Puddin' Man

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:44:34 -0400, "Orland, Kathleen" wrote:

When was your last PC/laptop restart?

I shut-down (PC) every nite, restart every morn.

ave you checked your application
event viewer for any Outlook or Office errors?

There were no errors.

MAPI is primarily used when messaging to/from Exchange server?
I haven't done this for years and years. Any idea why I'd
be getting MAPINST32.EXE error doing only POP3, SMTP from/to ATT
server?

Can you open Outlook in safe
mode and does it run OK in that case?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
(note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

I dunno I wanna go that far.

I just ran simple tests. Outlook doesn't seem to be doing anything
funny anymore.

Thanks for your help.