blank email with no body text

Old March 19th 09, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Zelfan

Default blank email with no body text

When I receive email from certain people (mostly with email accounts at
yahoo.com) I end up getting a blank email with no body text. The only way
that I can see the body of the text is to hit the forward or reply buttons to
get into the compose email editor. The text shows up just fine there.

I am using Windows XP, IE 7 and Outlook Express 6. Any ideas.

Thank you.

Old March 19th 09, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Any chance the messages are being sent using MS Outlook with RichText
format?

OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all messages in plain text (toggle on/off
to test)

OE Tools | Options | Security | Download images... (toggle on/off to test)

OE Tools | Options | Security: OE *should* be running in Restricted Sites
zone.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old March 19th 09, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Are you by chance using McAfee Spam Killer?

It's known to corrupt the message headers in messages from some mail
clients. In particular Lotus Notes and the Yahoo web mail.

Old March 20th 09, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Zelfan[_2_]

Hi Pa Bear,

Thanks for your help. I had the Read all messages in plain text unchecked.
If I check it, I was able to read the message, but another message that had
pictures and foreign words came out only with text and some of the foregin
words were garbled. I don't understand why is this happening now since I
never touched that option. Is there any way to fix that or do I have to check
and uncheck it depending on what I receive?

Thanks.

Zelfan

Old March 20th 09, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Zelfan[_2_]

Hi Michael,

Thank you for anwsering my post.

I am not using any of McAfee sofrware. I only have Kaspersky Internet
Security 2009.

Zelfan