OE6 send multiple copies

Old January 23rd 09, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default OE6 send multiple copies

"NormanM" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:31:34 -0600, Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Today I forwarded a set of pictures to several people in my address book
and started getting messages back that their mailboxes were full.
Later, I got some emails and a phone call saying that they got 10 to 25
copies of the same mail. Over a week ago ATT/SBC suggested I install
their complimentary McAfee and since then its been problems. MY PC was
unacceptably slow, so I added more RAM and that speeded things up. Oh
yes I forgot to mention that there were unsent emails in my outbox but
they had been received. I also had trouble deleting stuff from the
outbox which had and hadn't been sent. Now these multiple emails. Any
idea what might be wrong?

McAfee, for one. You posted this a week ago:

| From: Henry Kolesnik
| Newsgroups: sbcglobal.feedback
| Subject: McAfee Avast AVG ?
| Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:32:47 -0600

Two of the three responses you got (mine, and one other) told you to dump
McAfee. It is junk. Just get rid of it, and be done with it. Don't
substitute Norton.

Get AVG, Avast, or Avira. Whichever you get, use the "Custom Install"
feature, and don't install the email scanner component; you don't need it,
and MSOE hates it.

By the way, if you have email in your "Outbox", but your correspondents
have
received same, you may have a corrupt "Outbox", or even a corrupt "Sent
Items" folder. MSOE is good for such corruption of the default folders:

Inbox.dbx
Outbox.dbx
Deleted Items.dbx
Sent Items.dbx
Drafts.dbx

The way to fix that is to move any email you don't want to lose out of the
affected folders (Outbox and Sent Items). Then close MSOE. Then go to your
message store and delete the relevant folders (Outbox.dbx and Sent
Items.dbx). Then restart MSOE. The deleted folders will be recreated.

If you read these groups long enough, and with enough curiosity about
other
people's problems, you will, eventually, find a number of articles posted
by
PA Bear and Bruce Hagen regarding the hazards of archiving email in the
default MSOE folders.

Oh yes. And don't trust the software your ISP wants to push on you. They
will only offer what they get a good deal on, not what is best.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

You can lead a horse to water..............
--
~Bruce