Outlook Express 6.0 on two home computers

Old November 12th 08, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dori A Schmetterling

Default Outlook Express 6.0 on two home computers

Testing. Original reply not visible to me.

DAS
---
"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in message news:...
I presume this (downloading same messages onto more thanone computer) is
possible if only COPIES are downloaded from the server.

In my case when I download the messages are off the server. I think this
is a matter of settings, which would chime with the above.

Is my supposition correct?

DAS

---
"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
messages on the server.

On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to assure the
server does not get clogged up.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"je1951" wrote in message
I usually use my wireless notebook for my home computer needs, including
Outlook Express 6.0 email. However, there are times when I use my
desktop,
either because of the need to use the attached printer, it is already
on,
etc. Why are emails saved only on the computer the emails were
downloaded
and on the other one using the same account? Would this happen if I read
my
OE6 emails on a computer other than my own two, i.e. at a another site,
daughters PC, etc.?

Thank you.

Old November 12th 08, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in message ...
Testing. Original reply not visible to me.

?? You replied to Bruce's reply to OP earlier.

Your Message-ID indicates you are probably using your ISP's news server.

Try getting this newsgroup from here instead:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress

FWIW here is the References: header from Bruce's last reply to your question

So if you're implying that you saw that reply to your question but
didn't see your question you could download it specifically
by constructing a news link like this (and setting msnews.microsoft.com
as your default news server before trying to use it):

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old November 15th 08, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dori A Schmetterling

"Original reply not visible to me" meant that I could not see my original
reply, so I did not know whether it had gone through or not. On previous
occasions where this happened I was able to see my post when someone else
replied to it.

Yes, am using ISP's news server -- it's a free/included service. They went
through upheaval withe their mail servers but they seem to be over now.
Maybe news servers were also being upgraded.

What's the advantage of your suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

DAS

---

Old November 16th 08, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

For best results, use the "msnews.microsoft.com" news server for reading
and posting messages regarding help with Microsoft products. This is
the news server that most of the regulars use. You'll get more timely
messages, and miss fewer of them. News messages often take days to
wander from server to server, and often get lost.

The "msnews.microsoft.com" news server is free to the public. However,
it only carries newsgroups to support Microsoft products. You'll also
find many newsgroups that your ISP doesn't carry. This server has over
2,000 Microsoft newsgroups.

Old November 18th 08, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dori A Schmetterling

Thank you, Michael. I subscribed a few days ago but am still looking via
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress.

I shall now switch. I hope that the msnews servers are text only or largely
text as well.

BTW I had a quick look at your website. I must tell my 11-and-a-half year
old boy to never download beta software. He does it sometimes. So far, no
known issues, but that can readily change..

DAS
---

Old November 18th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

The msnews.microsoft.com is mostly text. Microsoft does allow
attachments, but sets a maximum message size. As I recall, it's about
100 KB.