Imported mail filter

Old March 3rd 06, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Miles

Default Imported mail filter

Does mail imported from gmail go thru the OE
message filter? If not, how can I do that?

Old March 3rd 06, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"Miles" wrote in message
Does mail imported from gmail go thru the OE
message filter? If not, how can I do that?

Not entirely sure what you are asking to be honest?

I have never received any spam into OE from my gmail account, they do a good
filtering job on the site.

I have one rule that sends all mail to a selected folder from that account.

See here for directions to set up mail forwarding or use Auto tool.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...276&topic=1555

If I am missing your point please get back.
--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Old March 4th 06, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

OE message rules apply to messages downloaded from a POP3 mail server.
If you have set up OE to access your gmail account via POP3, then the
messages rules will be applied as they download into OE. They will not
be applied to the mail on the gmail server other than a rule with a
Delete from Server action.