Formatting Signature

Old February 22nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Default Formatting Signature

I didn't include the HTML tags, just the font line.

You can use:

HTML
BODY
ifont color="#0000FF"Bill Helbron/font/i
/BODY
/HTML

set that as the htm signature file and it should work.

steve

"Bill Helbron" wrote in message

Hi Tim,

I tried your file and it was exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Bill

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:21:29 -0800, "Kuay Tim" wrote:

Hi Bill,

I created a file in Front Page that you're welcome to try. Copy the
content
between the dashes into Notepad and save the file as "Name.htm" (Name can
be
any name of choice). When selecting the "file" for your signature browse
this file. Use the file dropdown list to choose the (*.htm) file. A
graphic
would still be best, in my opinion, because then everyone would see the
font
of your choice, which will not now be the case.

-------------------------------
html

head
meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us"
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
titleBill Helbron/title
/head

body

pifont color="#0000FF"Bill Helbron/font/i/p

/body

/html
-------------------------------

Old February 24th 06, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

"Bill Helbron" wrote in message
I'm using IE6 and I have a block of text in my "Edit Signature" window.
What I
want to do is to make the text italics and blue. I've tried several
things, but
can't seem to change it. Suggestions, please!

Bill

Old April 23rd 06, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RB

I have a similar issue. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. It
didn't import the html signature into the mail message, just left a blank
space. I made sure the message is html format. Any suggestions?

"Jim Pickering" wrote:

You need to create a HTML file and save it to your hard drive. Then use
Tools/Options/Signatures and click on the File button at the bottom and
point it to the HTML signature file you created. Also your mail must be
formatted as HTML to use the signature.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"Bill Helbron" wrote in message
news
No, not in "message source". I put "Steve's HTML signature" in
OptionsSignaturesEdit Signature box with "Text" bullet selected. If it
doesn't
go there, then please advise!

Bill

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:24:49 -0600, "Ron Sommer"
wrote:

Bill Helbron

You put Steve's HTML signature in the message source?

Old April 23rd 06, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Do not use Word.
Start a new message in OE and create your signature.
File, Save As, Html.
--
Ron Sommer

Old April 23rd 06, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RB

Gotcha. Thanks. You have to save the source code from the message into an
html file using Notepad. You must use Notepad and you must do "Save as" with
the entire filename including htm extension in quotes"". For some reason
neither Word nor Wordpad seem to work. While waiting for your response, I
found your instructions in the thread entitled "Signatures" from 11/2005.
However what you wrote below is much easier.
Again many thanks.

Old April 23rd 06, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

I forgot that saving as html in OE doesn't work.
You have to copy the code to Notepad.
OE creates a much smaller file than Word.
--
Ron Sommer

Old April 24th 06, 07:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RB

Hi Ron,
I tried saving the OE message directly as html w/o copying the code into
Notepad and using the file as a signature and it worked just fine. Perhaps
there are differences between versions of Windows or IE even within the XP
family. IN any case the bottom line is what works.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.
Baruch