Problems with Blocked Senders List in OE6

Old February 14th 06, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Fred

Default Problems with Blocked Senders List in OE6

I have a problem with my Outlook Express 6 automatically putting an address
on
the blocked senders list. I discovered this because I wasn't receiving
emails from a friend and when I started looking for the reason, I discovered
that their address had been added to the blocked senders list. I have tried
to remove their address from the blocked senders list by highlighting it and
clicking on the remove button. It will remove it at that time, but when I
the list. Also on the Create Mail Rule popup box, it makes a new rule that
sends the address to the blocked senders list. I cannot eliminate this
rule. When I uncheck the boxes in the New Rule box it comes right back
again the next time I bring it up. I am using OE6 and XP SP2. Has anyone
had this problem or any
suggestions on how to stop this from happening? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks

Old February 14th 06, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

A rule can send mail to a folder like Deleted Items, but it can't *Add* it
to Blocked Senders.

At this point, you probably have a corrupt registry key for both Message
Rules, and Blocked Senders.

1.. In Regedit, navigate to this key:

|--HKEY_CURRENT_USER
|-----Identities
|--------{GUID}
|-----------Software
|--------------Microsoft
|-----------------Outlook Express
|--------------------5.0

where GUID is the Global Unique IDentifier for your Identity.

2.. Under that key, you will find the following sub-keys, among
others:

|-----------------------Block Senders
|-----------------------Rules
|-----------------------Signatures

Select the Block Senders Key and the Rules key and delete them. Blocked
Senders and Message Rules will be empty, but you can rebuild them now.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Fred" wrote in message
I have a problem with my Outlook Express 6 automatically putting an address
on
the blocked senders list. I discovered this because I wasn't receiving
emails from a friend and when I started looking for the reason, I
discovered
that their address had been added to the blocked senders list. I have
tried
to remove their address from the blocked senders list by highlighting it
and
clicking on the remove button. It will remove it at that time, but when I
off

Old February 15th 06, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Shelly F

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:00:28 GMT, "Fred" wrote:

[...]

Is it possible that y'all have been clicking 'cancel' instead of 'OK'
after deleting the blocked sender?
hth